~48~

"No need to tell anything. I've already heard what happened here," Ivan and Noel's eyes widen at the faint female voice that came from behind. Turning their heads to the other side, they were only left with dismay finding Anna standing there.

Both Noel and Ivan were astonished to find Anna there and both of them were having a hard time letting out a single word from their mouth. "Anna? Yo—"

"Ivan, whatever I just heard, what was that?" Anna asked as her voice comes out from her mouth as a mere whisper.

"Anna, I—" Noel tried to spoke but Anna's face held him back from uttering anything. He found a lump in his throat. Anna took slow and unsteady steps towards them as her eyes showed mixed emotions. She stood in front of Noel who has tears in his eyes as well.

"Are you really my brother? How? How could this happen?" She murmured astonished and her voice was unsteady with a mix of dryness. Noel gulped.

"As long as I know, I only have one brother and that is Alan. Then who are you? You're lying," Anna said only to pierce Noel's heart with an invisible sword that can't describe his pain. His emotional pain.

"Anna, I know you're having a hard time believing. And I'm sorry for keeping this secret from you for so long. I first myself wanted to confirm that if I'm thinking wrong but my doubts vanished as soon I got the reports in my hand. Believe me, Anna," Noel said as his voice cracked because of the pain in his throat. It was overwhelming for both of them.

"This can't be true—" She mumbled as her breath become intermittently unable to digest what she just heard from Noel's mouth. She definitely was having a hard time choosing what she should believe and what she should not. Whatever Noel said made her helpless but to think that if her whole life was actually a lie or what.

She didn't even comprehend she had one more brother too. All her family members told her was that Alan and she is Nick's only child. That who Noel was?

Their child or a lie

Or something else that they regretted having

"I—" Anna murmured as she hold onto Ivan's shirt for support to keep herself steady because of the weakness she still has. Ivan quickly held her back before looking worriedly at her.

"Oh Anna, you need to take a rest. You're still weak," Ivan said being worried about his wife before glaring at Noel who still wasn't recovered yet, and looking blankly at them. "Will you please spare her for some time? Can't you see her state?" Ivan gritted his teeth angrily before looking at Noel.

"I won't leave her alone. I want to be by her side," Noel said back making Ivan even more furious that could be seen clearly in his blue orbs. His jaw tightened looking at Noel.

"You can't be serious?" Ivan asked in disbelief as Noel was ready to talk back but Anna looked at both of them. "Ivan, please let him stay here. I needed a proper talk with him," said Anna in a whispering tone as Ivan can't help but compromise with her. Giving a look to Noel, he guided Anna inside the hospital carefully as Noel followed them too from behind.

Coming back to Anna's ward, Ivan helped her in sitting on the bed as he handed her a glass of water to drink that she gladly took. Noel kept standing there making sure Anna was fine as Ivan wasn't giving a single damn about him. All he was concerned about was his wife who is bearing a little life inside herself and needed a proper rest.

"Thanks," She murmured before passing the glass to Ivan that he placed on the side table before sitting beside her. His hands gave a caress to her head as he looked at her with concerning eyes.

"You fine?" He asked making Anna nod in return.

"Don't worry, I am,"

She said before looking at Noel who was also present in the room with them as Ivan completely treated him like an Invisible air.