~47~

CHAPTER: 47

****

Ivan heaved a tired sigh before stretching his neck before turning back to look at Anna who was still sleeping peacefully on the hospital's bed. They were still in the hospital as Anna wasn't up yet. Eve called him to ask and he told her everything. She asked to come but he denied saying he will manage and there is no need for Eve to take any stress regarding this.

He kept looking at the angelic face of his wife when felt the movement in her fingers indicating she was regaining her consciousness. His heartbeats alerted and all he was wishing is for her to open her eyes so that he could ask her how she was feeling and tell her that how sorry he was for yelling at her.

"Anna," her name comes out as a soft whisper from Ivan's lips as his lips curved into a fond smile seeing his wife getting back to her consciousness.

"Uh oh!" She groaned slightly feeling the stings around her wrist because of the IVs. She exhaled sharply as Ivan held her hand.

"Careful," He whispered in a soft tone but Anna frowned looking away. His heart wrenched seeing Anna being so cold towards himself but he knew he deserves for what he has done with her. He hurt her when she was in a state of needing him the most.

"I'm sorry, Anna. Please, don't look away from him. I can't bear your silence and you know that" His voice filled with the softness and sincerity only for his wife whom he has hurt unknowingly and he was wholeheartedly guilty for this.

He knew he is the worst.

"Anna," He called her name softly again as she looked back at him. His smile grew wider and he placed the soft kisses on her naïve hands fondly before looking back deep into her eyes. His eyes showed tons of emotion and she could witness them.

Only for her

"I'm so sorry, wifey, I shouldn't have yelled at you. But please, I was worried. You know I can't trust anyone with you. You know that how much you matter to me and your security is all I pray for. I wasn't angry.... I... I was s... scared,"

He admitted honestly and sincerely. His eyes filled with water and redness could be seen in them. His nose-tip became red and he was getting tons of mixed feelings currently. His heart was going through a war currently and he needed to fight wisely.

He sniffed before placing his palm on her cheek giving her a soft caress. Bringing his lips close to hers, he placed a soft kiss on her dried lips before looking back deep into her eyes.

"I was scared of.... Losing you, my love," He admitted again revealing all of his weakness to the only person he believes the most.... His wife.

"You saw my anger but you didn't see the fright and worries for you behind it," He asked looking straight into her eyes.

"Ivan—"

"Anna, still I'm sorry if I have hurt you in any manner. I apologize," He said with integrity. The truth could be seen in his blue orbs that Anna can't take off her eyes from.

"Ivan, I'm not angry with you. I know that you were scared and I know that you're sincere at this point. I'm not angry," She smiled affectionately before grabbing his face in her small palms and placing a soft kiss on his lips to throw away his insecurities. He smiled back tenderly before pulling her back as he shared a passionate kiss with her.

"I have to tell you something?" He pulled back breathing heavily and so as she looked up at him with confused eyes. He smiled devotedly before taking her hand in his big one as she looked at him being turmoil.

"Anna, you're pregnant,"

Her eyes widens in astonishment as she looked up at him. Her face went all blank for the first few seconds not believing what he actually said just right now.