~76~

Chapter 76

•••

"Alfredo found out every detail of us with a very keen reasearch. When he found out that for whom his sister was working for, his greed and hunger for money only grew stronger. The man met Alice, managed to fill so much venom for us in Alice's veins and used her against us. Once I found out about him, I had a very bad fight with Alice. I was hating her for how she could do that to us. She was using her venomous love to make Ivan against me. The boy literally changed in passing years. It was getting out of hands. Though i managed to get to Alfredo, i held him in my territory for so long yet he managed so much to do"

"One day Alice went missing, i was terrified if Alfredo has his hands behind Alice's missing. I guess I was true. We all got to know that Alice's dead but I never knew it was all a plan. She was badly manipulating Ivan. She manipulated him so much against me that he didn't even let me have a slightest doubt that Alice was alive all these years and Ivan was meeting her behind my back"

"She successfully managed to make Ivan go against me. After I married Ella, she was never treated with respect by Ivan. All this years i thought that even though Alice was gone, she has filled Ivan with venom successfully against me. But I never knew, she was still alive and was in contact with him behind my back all these years. Probably, that's the reason I was never succeeded into making Ivan just like he was before even after my thausands of tries"

"When I got to know that Alice is still alive i knew I can't take any further chances with Ivan's life. Even if he hates me, I'm his father and i don't want anything from God but my son's safety and his happiness. Anna, Ivan's is in big danger. He can lose everything, even his own life. We have to save him. You have to save him"

"Ivan's badly manipulated by Alice and her love all these years. But it still doesn't justify his actions that he has done with me" Anna's voice almost come out as a broken whisper from her mouth. Everything she was told till now was just too much for her. Never ever in her life she met people with so much disgusting intentions she's now meeting.

"Anna, i know the tragedy happened to you has literally shattered you. But trust me, when I got to know who was living with y'all all this time, my doubts on Ivan went Clear. Trust me Anna, my son didn't do that. You have to trust him and give him a chance. It was all planned to separate you and Ivan"

Anna couldn't believe what Arnol had just said but then again, why would Arnol even lie to her. It's obvious that he's telling the truth, she thought.

"How can you say that? He was the one..."

"I know you won't believe me... Trust me, I'm doing everything to collect the proof for it. I will get it to you sooner."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the evening was over, as Arnol and Ella left, Anna was back to her room. Though she was lying on the bed but her mind was never leaving whatever Arnol has told her.

Alice.

Alice

Anna has for a very long time had those bizarre feelings about Alice. Her not telling anybody that she was still alive. Her being in contact with Ivan for all those years without Arnol being informed about it. Her explanations whenever something would happen between them. That uneasy feeling was there for so long yet Anna failed to recognize it.

She knew something was up with this lady

Her care for Ivan never seemed genuine

He IS badly manipulated by Alice.

Ivan never received any love in his whole life. With Arnol being busy in his business and Alice despising him because she thought he was a bad omen to her. He was never loved. And when he received that fake care and love from his mother that he was longing for always. He started slowly separating from Arnol. Alice just took an advantage of his emotions and nothing else.

Anna's fingers curled thats when her phone rang up pulling her out of a great chain of thoughts. She got up to look for her phone. It was Chris. Anna Frowned in perplexity finding him calling her but still answered anyway.

"Annabella?" She heard him calling her name.

"Chris, what happen?" She asked before hearing him sigh in displeasure from the other side, she was sure of the fact that something was wrong. Otherwise why would he call her.

"Annabella, I need to talk about something. Anna, it can't be discussed over the phone. I have proofs of Ivan's innocence. We need to meet. I have to show all of them to you" Chris said.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Anna, I have got my hands on something very important and you have to see it" Chris said.

"Fine. Let's meet"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna collected her phone and purse before heading out of the hall ready to go somewhere until she heard a familiar voice behind herself.

"Anna, where're you leaving for at this hour?" She turned back as Noel approached her with curious eyes wandering over her face.

"Aden, I..."

"You're leaving without informing me?" Noel raised an eyebrow at her direction. Anna let out a small frown in response.

"I had to clear something by myself before informing about it to you" She mumbled.

"Anna is everything alright?"

"Aden, Chris, He has called me recently. He wants to show something to me. It's.. it's related to Ivan" Anna said as Noel gave her a dissatisfied and disappointing look.

"You still didn't get over him? Right?" Anna stared at him with havoc. She didn't had words to explain the unsettling uneasy bizarre feelings inside of her heart.

"Aden... I need to know what he has to say." She told him in return.

"I'm not letting you go alone. I'm joining as well"

"It's definitely not needed. I.. I want to go by myself and have a conversation with Chris about what he has to tell me. Don't worry about me."

"I can't trust anybody related to Ivan with you going to meet all by yourself to them and afterwhateverhas happened Ivan's place" Noel divulged but the irritation in his tone was clear to Anna.

She knew as a brother he cares for her. But right now, she actually needs to go and see if there's any likelihoods of saving her and Ivan's relationship.

"Aden, Chris wouldn't do anything. He's well aware of whom He's meeting up. I need to leave right now, I will see you later" Anna said in hurry as she get herself out of Noel's side with fast steps with him being in complete distate.

.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~