Chapter Forty-Five | Phone Call

~Dreamer's P.O.V~

Dream awoke in his bed, back in the confines of his cell. With a sigh, he swung his feet over and got up from the sunken mattress. The taste of metallic blood still lingered on his tongue, a reminder of the long-overdue act of killing and drinking his victim's blood that he had missed dearly.

He realized that the possibility of leaving these cell walls again was gone. His cleverly formed plan to take down a guard on his second trip to his prized facility and reveal the lifeless corpses within the derelict walls of his first facility had failed. But the mention of George pushed him over the edge he was already teetering on.

Dreamer was brought out of his thoughts by an enraged Daz. All he could do was chuckle as he innocently asked, "Didn't like your little discovery?" he mocked. "We managed to enter your facility, Dreamer, you sick fucking bastard!" Daz slammed his hand on the tiny desk in front of the smirking Dreamer.

Dreamer wheezed, "That bad, huh? Did you find the—" Dreamer was interrupted by another slam. Irritated, Dreamer rolled his eyes and said, "The dump? You think this is a fucking joke!? Hundreds of bodies all dismantled and stacked on each other!" Daz fumed. "Well, kinda? Wait, what about the pool, did you—" Dreamer was once again stopped, causing annoyance to rise within him.

"I saw everything, Dreamer! Every inch of your goddamn facility, you made a fucking slaughterhouse!" Daz yelled. "Uh yeah? I guess you're right," Dreamer smirked. Dreamer was relishing in angering Daz.

"How could someone be so goddamn heartless? It seems impossible for you to feel anything towards George!" Daz yelled. Dreamer banged on the glass, receiving a shock. "Say his name one more time, I dare you!" Dreamer threatened.

Daz's eyes widened as he stepped back. "It's just not believable." Daz tiptoed around saying George's name, unaware that Dreamer was slowly reaching his breaking point.

"What is so special about him that you kill everyone else but not him?" Daz questioned. "Shut up," Dreamer warned. Daz didn't know if he should move forward, uncertain if the glass could hold Dreamer back. Nobody had ever enraged Dreamer while in his cell, and Daz wasn't sure if he wanted to be the first.

Daz wanted Dreamer to feel the anger he felt, staring at the large room with scattered body parts, most rotting and some reduced to skeletons. Dreamer glared him down, waiting for Daz to slip up.

"George must really hate you." When Daz said that, it was the final straw. Dream slammed his whole weight into the wall, receiving an excruciating shock through his body. He pulled back slightly stunned before fighting back, slamming against the wall. "Why don't you come ask those questions straight to my face!" Dreamer hissed.

Feeling threatened, Daz left the outside of the cell, leaving Dreamer alone in his small glass room. "Fucking pussy!" Dreamer yelled into the darkness outside his cell.

He attempted to escape but with the electric fence and the cell within a cell, he had zero chance. He should have killed Daz when he had the chance.

Dream groaned in annoyance. "Do I get that one phone call?" He screamed into the void. Dream was asking for too much after he had killed a guard and drained him of his blood.

Dream rolled his eyes when there was no response. Then an idea struck him. "I'll give you the location of another one of my facilities," he smirked into the black abyss where he could only guess Daz was behind, watching him.

When Dream heard the door, he knew he had won. "One phone call, then I'm cutting off your access to anything outside until your execution date."

Dream froze. "My what?" Daz rolled his eyes. "Did you really think you would live after all that? We were waiting for the paperwork, and we got it." Daz paused. "Five days, Dreamer."

Dreamer chuckled in response. "I don't fear death, Daz. I signed up to die when I started my facility." It was true, but he also didn't want to die without saying goodbye to George. "I better get to say goodbye to George, or else you'll regret it." "Use your last phone call," was all Daz said as he walked away. Dreamer rolled his eyes.

Eventually, a guard came in and handed him the phone. He took it without a fuss and dialed Technoblade's number. Techno picked up quickly.

"Dreamer? What the hell?" Techno groaned. "I had to hack this shit-ass phone so nobody could hear us. Do you have any idea how hard that is for me?" Techno answered. Dream just chuckled in response. "I have five days. Let me talk to my George now," Dreamer threatened.

The line went silent until a shaky breath was heard. "Georgie, oh how I miss you," Dream gushed. There was no response. "George, talk to me now," Dreamer threatened. "Dream..." George spoke in a shaky voice. Dream let out a deep sigh. "Oh Georgie, my beautiful George."

"Has Techno been taking good care of you?" Dream asked. George nodded his head until he realized that Dream couldn't see him. "Yes," he mumbled into the phone without hesitation, which eased Dream.

"Good, good. I have five days, but don't you worry, I will get out," Dream spoke seriously. George didn't know how to react. He didn't want Dream to die after everything.

Dream didn't know if he could escape, but he didn't want George to stop following Techno's rules because he knew Dream would be gone soon. "You know I love you, George. Oh, how I miss you," Dream smiled behind his mask. George's eyes teared up.

"Dreamer... You can't leave me," George cried into the phone. "I won't, I promise," Dream hushed him. "I'll be there soon, and then I can give you all the kisses in the world." Dream smiled, and George fell silent.

George had two conflicting emotions—one that loved Dream and the other that was terrified. One side welcomed all the kisses in the world, while the other did not. Which side was stronger remained unknown since Dream was not present in front of him.

"Dreamer... I need to see you," George cried. Dream shook his head. "You can't, I'm sorry." Dream was frustrated. He couldn't even say goodbye to George in person, even though he knew they would never grant him that four-hour visit he had been told about.

"My lovely George," Dream smiled until he felt the presence of someone behind him, kicking them to the ground. He held the phone to his ear with his shoulder, freeing his hands for an attack.

Dream put the phone on speaker and placed it down. He fended off the attackers, smacking someone onto the ground. George realized what was happening around Dream, causing him to go quiet.

"Tell me what's been going on," Dream spoke into the phone, hearing a smash and a groan shortly after. Dreamer stood proudly, having taken on five men at once. However, his triumph was short-lived as a zap filled George's ears. George panicked. "Dreamer?! Dreamer!" The phone went silent for a moment before getting hung up. George's heart dropped.

Dreamer groaned as he was pulled off the ground and forced onto his bed. He couldn't see what was happening, but he could only guess that they were helping the injured men. They let go of him after everyone exited, and Dreamer was left inches away from one of the guards before they rushed out just in time, leaving Dreamer alone with his thoughts.

________________________________

I have graduated high school! No more!Freedom! Daily chapters anyone? Love yall!

Stay Calm, Stay Alive
Onyx

wish that was me

- editor han