Chapter Twenty-Nine | Stockholm Syndrome

~George's P.O.V~

"George? Are you listening at all?" The doctor spoke and George looked up, running his hand through Kardac's long coat. George was sat on the bed after weeks of hiding away, he felt safe enough with Kardac to stay on the bed.

"It's called Stockholm Syndrome. Stockholm Syndrome is an emotional response. It happens to some abused and hostage victims when they have positive feelings toward an abuser, or captor." His therapist tried to explain, but the words were going through one ear and straight out the other.

George rolled his eyes. He had been somewhat listening to the doctors and therapist, so he could get out quicker and find Dream himself.

Kardac didn't seem at all amused by all the doctors and therapist either. It was as if he knew they were talking about Dream.

George heard a slight knock on the door, causing him to jump and hide under the covers.

"Come in." The therapist answered the door and George peeked out from the blanket looking at the doctor, then back at his therapist. They smiled at George. "Look what I got for your dog! What's his name?"

George looked at Kardac, then back at the doctor. They shook their head, as much as he wanted to tell them Kardac's name, he knew it was against the given rules.

George looked at the lime green vest. It had Emotional Support Dog written on it in white writing. He smiled slightly reaching out to grab the vest, but they pulled it back away. "Say 'Thank You' and I'll give you it."

George crossed his arms. He didn't need some vest if he had to break Dream's rules. The doctor sighed. "Alright, that's okay, at least you've been listening to us." They handed George the vest, which he took with a smile, pulling it over Kardac's head and attached the girth.

"Want to go for a walk? I'm sure Kardac wants to explore. We have a garden ya know?" The therapist smiled to George.

George was unsure, as he hadn't been outside of his room since he was brought back. Kardac went out by himself, without George, he refused to let anyone touch Kardac. The sun still hurt George's eyes, probably because George hadn't seen actual sunlight since his capture, but being outside still scared George.

Too much space.

George shook his head, but Kardac jumped up, as if he knew exactly what the therapist was saying. George frowned. "See even your dog wants to go out!" The therapist used Kardac's excitement to their advantage.

George wondered if Dream ever let Kardac out to run around in the sunlight, because he never let George.  George rolled his eyes, but stood up on shaky legs, he stumbled for a moment before looking back at the bed, then at his ankle.

The mark stood out, signaling where his chain once was. George didn't think about the fact that he wasn't bolted to the bed, even when he ran out of his room.

George bent down, almost falling over, touching the once irritated skin. George frowned sitting back down.

Dream wouldn't like George to leave without his permission...

His therapist looked confused, before following George's gaze to where the chain once laid. "George... you aren't tied down anymore, you can leave this room if you would like?" His therapist spoke in a soft voice.

George shook his head.

It didn't matter, he wouldn't disobey Dream... Oh how much George missed Dream...

Kardac shuffled against George, comforting him as the tears dropped from his eyes. The therapist's eyes softened, she didn't exactly understood George's personal reasons for not talking, or saying what was on his mind, but she did know how Stockholm Syndrome could effect someone.

Kardac jumped back in George's bed as he covered himself, and Kardac with the covers. When George didn't feel like being social he would hide under the blankets, along with Kardac.

He heard the door close, and pulled his legs to his chest, hovering his hand over the scarring on his ankle. It was different without the tight, heavy weight of the chain preventing him from leaving the room.

All George's injuries were healing after the doctors drugged him. He couldn't help but to remove the bandaging every chance he got. He felt as if without the scars he would forget Dream, and he refused to let that happen.

To keep himself sane from time to time, George would pick at his neck, reopening the wounds he got from Dream taking the blood from his neck. The doctors would have to tie George down and drug him, just to restitch the wound.

When George squeezed blood from his neck it made him feel alive in a way, anything to cope without Dream around. George often got scolded by his therapist for opening his neck wound.

No one understood the pain but George, year after year with one person, then suddenly, they are just gone and everything has changed. George didn't want change, he wanted to go home... he wanted to go back to the facility, back with Dream...

George was snapped out of his thoughts by someone clearing their throat. He lifted the blanket from over his head, catching the eyes of a man with pink braided hair, and the man waved.

"George Davidson? Am I right?" The man smiled and George tilted his head in confusion.

Who was this guy?

Kardac however, knew exactly who this was, because he jumped out of George's bed, going over to the man and receiving pets.

"Kardac! Been a bit hasn't it!" He smiled, petting Kardac.

George was confused, he had never seen this guy before, but the way Kardac acted he was someone trustworthy, which confused George.

The guy looked up from Kardac, catching George's eyes.

"The names Technoblade, I'll be taking care of you for a bit,"

George was getting more and more confused.

Taking care of him? This guy wasn't Dream???

Technoblade closed the door, leaving the three out of sight from the outside world. Technoblade pulled out a button and pressed it. George watched in confusion.

"Now we can talk in peace. Dream has brought me here to take care of you while he's gone." Technoblade smiled and George tilted his head.

What if he was lying?

Technoblade brought a pen out of his pocket and clicked it on.

Dream's voice came from the pen.

"In the event I ever got caught, I am putting you in charge of Georgie. Something happens to him and I'll kill you as soon as I can. Rules for George to follow should be written down on the paper I gave you."

When the pen shut off, along with Dream's voice, George's face dropped.

Dream knew this was bound to happen...

_____________________________

Yay for Technoblade, but sad for George because even though Dream was gone, he still had all the control over everything George knew.

Stay calm, Stay alive
Onyx