Apart (part 2, Ranpoe)

A/N: here's part two! This part will be centered around how Poe, Karl, and Ranpo handle being apart from each other. Without further ado, enjoy!

Once Poe had landed, the first thing he did was get out his phone and texted Ranpo to let him know he'd landed safely.

Poe: Hey, I'm off the plane!

Favorite Master Detective <3: about time, ed. i missed talking to you!

Poe: Ranpo, it hasn't even been that long

Favorite Master Detective <3: so?

Poe: Fair enough

Favorite Master Detective <3: i miss you already :(

Poe: I know, I do too :(

Favorite Master Detective <3: yk what you should do? you should come back early >:3

Poe: I would if I could

Favorite Master Detective <3: true, i guess karl and i will just have to survive as best we can without our favorite person ever (⁠ ⁠⚈̥̥̥̥̥́⁠⌢⁠⚈̥̥̥̥̥̀⁠)

Poe: I'm sorry :(

Favorite Master Detective <3: it's all good, we'll be looking forward to your return

Poe: And I'll look forward to seeing both of you again :)

Favorite Master Detective <3: YAY :)

Poe: :)

Poe put his phone away and continued to head over to the hotel room he'd booked. He didn't have to start any of his work until tomorrow, so he just relaxed (to the best of his ability) the rest of the day and then called Ranpo later that night like he'd promised to do daily.

Ranpo answered right away, smiling once he saw Poe. "Ed!"

"Ranpo!" Poe replied.

"You finally called!"

"I just texted you earlier."

"But now I get to see you again. Well, sorta. There's only a screen plus an entire ocean between us."

"True."

"How's it going over there so far?"

"Good."

"That's good to hear."

"How's Karl?"

Once the raccoon heard his name, he instantly scampered over to the phone and started chittering happily when he saw Poe.

Poe smiled and waved. "Hey, Karl."

Karl squeaked some more.

"I know, I miss you too," Poe replied.

Ranpo watched the two of them, once again wondering how it was that Poe seemed to understand Karl so well. Then again, it made sense since he'd had the animal for years now.

Karl kept squeaking.

"Yes, I'll be back as soon as possible," Poe assured the raccoon.

Karl seemed satisfied.

Poe glanced over at Ranpo. "How are you?"

"Nice of you to finally acknowledge me," Ranpo joked.

Poe laughed a little. "Sorry."

"Nah, it's fine. I know you were probably pretty worried about Karl."

"...Yeah, I was."

Ranpo grinned teasingly. "Do you really trust me that little?"