Poe's Crisis (Poe and Karl, Ranpoe)

(A/N: because I don't think there are enough Poe and Karl interactions, I decided to write this. Without further ado, enjoy!)

Poe was on his way to Ranpo's house to show him his latest novel. And maybe stump him this time, though Poe knew that was probably just wishful thinking. But hey, he could dream.

Before Poe even got a chance to knock on the door, Ranpo had opened it with a grin. "Hiya, Ed!"

...Did he just use my first name?! Poe thought in shock before snapping out of it. He looked at Ranpo and smiled back. "Hey."

"Got the book?"

"I sure do." Poe held out the book in question.

Ranpo grinned more and took it. "Awesome."

Poe entered the house and closed the door behind him.

Ranpo headed to the couch and sat down.

Poe joined him.

Ranpo glanced at Poe for a minute and then, getting an idea, climbed into his lap.

Poe blinked a bit, not expecting that. His face heated up a bit.

Ranpo turned to Poe and grinned, noticing his expression. "Yes, Poe?"

"Uh, nothing!" Poe replied hastily.

"I can move if you want me to."

"No, it's fine! I don't mind!"

"Alright." Ranpo leaned back against Poe and opened the book, beginning to read.

Poe silently watched Ranpo. He was still admittedly a bit in shock from Ranpo climbing into his lap. But the real shock came from the realization that he actually liked it. I mean, this is just a normal friend thing...right? he reasoned with himself.

Ranpo smiled to himself as he read, already enjoying the book as he always did.

Poe looked at Ranpo and noticed his expression. He's so cute...NO, I DIDN'T JUST THINK THAT. Y'ALL HEARD NOTHING.

Ranpo glanced up at Poe. "Are you ok?"

"Eh? Yes, of course I am!" Poe replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm!"

"Ok..." Ranpo looked skeptical but didn't press further. He just continued reading.

Poe fell silent, trying to figure out if it would be at all possible for him to act casual and not like he was internally panicking about the fact that someone he'd admittedly questioned if he liked as more than a friend was sitting in his lap. He'd never been that subtle, but hopefully he could be this time.

The small smile soon returned to Ranpo's face as he kept reading.

Poe had no idea what sort of demon of boldness possessed him, but before he was completely aware of what he was doing, he wrapped his arms around Ranpo.

Ranpo blinked in shock and glanced at Poe.

Poe gazed back at Ranpo for a minute before his uncharacteristic burst of boldness disappeared and caused him to avert his gaze. He didn't let go of Ranpo, though. He also found himself resting his head against Ranpo's shoulder.

Ranpo went back to reading, shocked by Poe hugging him but deciding that he could get used to it. He rather liked it, in fact.

After awhile, Ranpo finished the book.

Poe looked at him. "So, how'd you like it?"

"It was amazing as always." Ranpo grinned.

"Thanks!" Poe was glad to hear that.