17

AUTHOR'S POV
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aaa.." he immediately caught her frail hands steadying her.

She looked up at him with those innocent eyes which made his heart skip a beat.

"You okay?" He asked.

She meekly nodded hissing at the pain that shot through her both legs. She literally spent the whole wedding by sitting in the same manner.

After a tearful farewell, they had reached Agastya's mansion.

"Bhai bhabhi come na." Anaya's cheerful voice interrupted their little moment.

Pari looked at the mansion which was decorated beautifully.

Pari shivered because of the cold and it didn't go unnoticed by her husband who quickly held her hand and guided her towards the gate.

She was taking slow steps because of the heavy lehenga and the pain in her feet and he was matching her steps.

"Welcome home, Pari." Pari smiled hearing them shout in unison.

Gauri, Anaya, Isha, Disha, Aman, Agastya's bua and Chachi were present there.

Gauri did her Aarti and placed a kalash in front of her feet.

"Hit this with you right foot and enter." Gauri instructed.

Pari hit the kalash slightly making the rice fall on the floor and then entered the house.

Agastya's family clapped making her smile at the warm welcome.

After doing some more rituals, the bride and groom were asked to go to their bedroom and rest. Others went to their respective rooms as well as they all were tired.

It was nearly one am.

"Are you afraid Bhabhi?" Anaya asked making Pari flush in embarassment.

She was taking her to Agastya's room while he was busy on a call.

Pari's heart was beating loudly with each step she was taking closer to his room.

She nodded making Anaya smile in return.

"Don't be. My Bhai is really nice." She said squeezing her shoulder. "He will go easy on you." Pari's eyes widened as Anaya spoke shamelessly.

"So, this is your room." Anaya stated opening the door of Agastya's room.

"Call me if you need anything. But I doubt you would need anything." Her last sentence made Pari's cheeks red like a tomato.

"Thanks, Anaya." Pari said.

"No need." Anaya gave her a small hug and left after making some more shameless comments.

Pari looked around the huge room. His room was neat and clean. A king sized bed at the centre, a small coffee table surrounded by two big sofas at the left corner. A huge glass slider which gave her a blurry image of the balcony because it the curtains.

She looked at the right corner of the room and found a door.

Maybe it's the washroom.

She wondered roaming her eyes around the room.

Just beside the glass slider, there was an other door painted in cream colour.

Maybe it's the closet.

Her thoughts broke hearing footsteps near the entrance of the room.

She fisted her skirt by her cold hands and closed her eyes while taking deep breaths.