10

AUTHOR'S POV
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bitter taste of scotch calmed his senses. Keeping the half filled glass on the table, he took a long drag of his cigar.

He likes cigar with his drink.

He is almost addicted to both of them. But his first and only addiction is still only a person.

She is his addiction.

He loves the smell of alcohol mixed with masculine aroma that is herbaceous and woody. Even his room smells of them.

But what about his mind and his soul?

They smell like her.

His jaw clenched as he closed his eyes. A wave of nostalgia surged through him, he suddenly could smell the faint floral essence around him.

Her sweet smell.

He started taking deep breaths. The veins on his neck were throbbing while his heart was thumping inside his chest like a hammer.

The memory of her soft arms wrapped around his neck invaded his senses.

The feel of her plum lips against his. Her soft moans in his ear and the taste of her sinfully delicious skin.

A knock interrupted him and brought him back to the real world.

The world where she is not with him.

He felt fury building inside him. Who dared to disturb him when he was lost in his own world with her.

However, he was also relieved that the person brought him back to his senses or God knows what the whole staff members would have to see tonight.

"Come in" his authoritative voice echoed in the room.

The door opened slightly, making a light noise. A head peeked in only to see the darkness inside the room.

"I will fire you if you keep standing there." She flinched hearing his loud voice.

Her trembling feet somehow managed to enter inside.

In lion's den.

"S-sir...I.." she felt herself losing her voice as soon his eyes stopped at her.

The fragile girl shuddered under his dark gaze. He was looking intoxicated much to her horror. She fisted the hem of her dress as she felt a bile rising in her throat by the smell of alcohol and cigar.

"Speak clearly, Ms. Dawson." He ordered pinning her under his gaze.

She quickly nodded fixing her glasses on the bridge of her nose.

"My mom is s-sick. I n-need to see her." She said looking at the floor.

A silence filled the room which made her uncomfortable and scared.

Will he fire her?

Will he cut her salary?

The second option seemed better than the first one to her.

"What about your duty in here?" He asked leaning back on the sofa.

"I..I wi-ill do ov-vertime, Sir." She stuttered.

Tears brimmed her eyes as the face of her old mother came in her mind. She can't let her sick mother suffer alone, afterall she is doing this job for her sake only.

"Okay." She looked up at him in shock on hearing his words.

"I want to you back here in four days. Am I clear?" He stated placing his one leg over the other one.

Melody Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें