6

PARI'S POV
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

I scrunched my nose at the burning smell. My eyes teared up making me shut them tightly. My nose started running and legs were cramping.

Why does it happen to me only?

When the burning sensation subsided a bit, I opened my eyes slowly. A groan left my throat looking at the chopped onions.

Imperfectly chopped onions.

"Well done, Pari" I praised myself with a slap on my cheek.

I suck at cooking. Why do I even try it anyway?

Maasi is a great cook. She can cook any cuisine. From Indian to Italian, she knows it all but I am not even a bit close to her cooking skills.

I just know how to make maggi and roti (Flat bread).

I let out an annoyed cry throwing the knife on the slab. I was trying to make proper Indian food. Malai kofta and jeera rice. But I sucked at this as well

Even after watching the recipe videos for two days, I couldn't even chop the onions properly. I burnt the rice and now my legs started hurting because of standing in the kitchen for three hours.

"Maasi" I cried stomping my foot on the floor.

"Wha----

Her eyes widened as she looked at the kitchen slab and then the floor where peels of onions and garlics were laying proudly.

"I told you to not enter in my kitchen." She stated shooting glares at my way.

"Sorry" I mumbled.

"Did you get hurt?" She asked holding my hands, checking for any cut or burnt mark.

"I am fine" I replied pinching her cheeks.

The only person I love with my whole life in this world is my Maasi. The one who brought me up despite not being my birth mother.

My heart filled up with bitterness on remembering the vile lady.

"Go and take a bath. I will order something because we both are hungry." She completed with a chuckle.

I nodded grinning at her words. The mice in my stomach started dancing violently making me run upstairs to take a quick bath.

.
.
.
.
.

"Hmmm" the smell of malai kofta entered my nostrils as I opened the lid of the medium sized box.

We have ordered malai kofta, roti and chicken curry for lunch from our favorite restaurant.

"Please sit, Maasi." I forced her to sit on the chair and went inside the kitchen to bring two glasses.

She is always running here and there doing household chores. Even after my insistence, she doesn't let me do much and I being a lazy lard, enjoy her pamper.

We cleaned the mess I had created in the kitchen. I wanted to cry and curse at the same time, seeing the burnt rice . I hate wasting food but who will eat burnt rice.

"So tasty" I said putting first morsel in my mouth.

I felt so relieved and contend as I hadn't eaten anything since morning. Just had a cup of coffee and one biscuit. I was excited about cooking and wanted to eat that only.

"It is" Maasi said giving me a small smile.

We had our lunch in silence as we both were too engrossed in devouring the delicacies.