12

AUTHOR'S POV
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She will look beautiful as a bride." The little girl exclaimed caressing the ponytail of her doll.

Her tiny fingers were massaging the fragile doll's scalp. A small smile was playing on her lips.

"That she will." A masculine voice answered. "But who will be the groom?" The man further asked keeping a finger on his chin, in a thinking manner.

The girl grinned jumping in his arms. He quickly held her tiny self and settled her on his lap. Now, she was sitting on his lap with a doll in her own lap.

"Kittu ka Gudda." The girl answered holding his face with her tiny palms.

(Kittu's male doll).

He held her palms and placed kisses on each of them. His eyes were admiring the happiness on her face. Her black hair which she took from her mother was growing, almost reaching her waist.

"Okay. Not a bad idea." He said making her squeal in happiness.

He made her turn around and started combing her beautiful long hair. She was humming a tune while he was braiding her hair.

His movements stopped as the tune reminded him of a certain someone. He smiled sadly shaking his head.

"So, I have decided. The day after tomorrow, my gudiya will get married." She exclaimed kissing her doll.

"Okay" he kissed her head.

"Papa, when will I get married?" She innocently asked looking up at him with her big doe eyes.

He felt uneasy by her simple question. The thought itself shook him to the core. He knows one thing that this is inevitable. Yes, she is a child but she will get marry at some point.

He smiled warmly before cupping her chubby cheeks.

"Meri gudiya ki shaadi tab hogi jab use koi Rajkumar lene aaega." He replied making her happy.

(My doll will get married when a Prince will come to take her).

"Rajkumar? Sachhi?" He nodded turning her more excited.

(Prince? Really?).

She hugged him tightly in happiness and since that day, she started waiting for her Rajkumar....

Pari smiled wiping a lone tear that managed to slid down her cheek. She was holding a doll and a male doll in her hands. Both were clad in traditional wear. They were tied together by a small piece of cloth.

Indeed, her little gudiya looked beautiful as a bride. She still remembers the joy she felt the day when her gudiya got married.

Her heart warmed in happiness remembering those golden days but soon it trembled in pain on realising that they won't return again.

"I am sure you would have been very happy on seeing me dolled up as a bride, Papa." Pari mumbled caressing the red banarasi saree on her lap.

It's her engagement after two days and this morning Malti has given her the saree, her mother's last gift to her.

She was with a heavy heart since then only. Though, she tried distracting herself as she went to the school and met her friends but the pain didn't fade.

Oh how badly Pari wants her mother to drape this saree around her. To make her wear all the jewelleries she had saved for her big day. To hold her hands and assure her that it will be okay. That her married life will be good and she doesn't need to fear anything.