Chapter 39

~Asher~

I return to the gathering to finish my announcement. As I hop up on stage, people fire questions at me. One after the other. On and on.

"Quite!" I say sternly and hold up my hand. "The girl is at the hospital getting checked for injuries. Now, I have an announcement to make. Luna is dead. Her funeral is tomorrow night at 7." I said the last two sentences quickly. I heard gasps going around.

Everyone's faces fell into sad ones. I couldn't take it anymore and started crying myself. The tears flowing down my checks silently.

I see people here and there shifting. I step behind the curtain on the stage and take off my clothes. I haven't let Damon out for a while. I let him take control. We shift and walk out. By now, everyone has shifted and is waiting for us.

Damon looks over at our pack, then at the spot Luna is supposed to be; she's supposed to be standing right beside us. Damon turns forward and lets out a loud, long, and sad grieving howl.

The rest of the pack soon following, joining in the grieving for their luna, their alpha's dead mate, and a friend to most, if not all. The howls get louder and longer as the pain of losing someone so special to our pack starts to set in.

Families and mates cuddle closer together for comfort and support, while the lone ones either go to someone they know or stay by themselves.

Damon jumps off the stage and joins the pack. Some of the pack members come up and rub themselves on us for comfort, which leads to the rest doing it. My mom comes up to us last, licks the side of our face, and places her head underneath our chin. We stay like that for a bit because we need to feel comfort, we need Luna, but she's not here anymore. She's gone, dead.

Once my mom leaves, Damon lets out another howl. A long, sad howl.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~A/n~

Hey guys! School is over. I got all B's on my exams, so that's good!

I know this chapter is short, but the next one will be longer. If anyone has any questions or anything, comment or message me. Thanks, please vote and comment.

~Tess.