Chapter 16

~Luna~

I woke up with a start. My eyes bolted open and I sat upright.

"Are you okay?" Asher asked. I looked at him. His eyes showed he was concerned. I shook my head and looked around the room. Jacob, Trent, and Scott are also in the room. They were all looking at me with worried and concerned expressions.

I didn't feel good. I was shaking and sweating. My stomach felt like it was flipping around. I coughed and pain went through me. I flinched and whimpered.

"Luna, what's wrong?" Asher asked.

"W-w-w..." I couldn't finish. My head felt like it was going to explode and my throat was parched. I tried again, "w-wat-t-ter." stuttering. Asher grabbed the cup on the night stand. I tried to grab it from him, but my hands were shaking.

"Let me." Asher said and put the straw in my mouth. I slowly drank. I stopped drinking and started coughing. I covered my mouth and hunched over.

I stopped coughing and started shaking more violently. Asher stood up and placed his hand on my back, rubbing slow circles, trying to calm me down.

"Luna, what's wrong? Tell me." Asher said.

"I don't feel good. Not at all." I said. Asher stopped rubbing my back and put his finger under my chin making me look up at him. He put his hand on my forehead and pulled it back instantly, like it burned him or something.

"Damn Luna, your burning up! Jacob get the doctor, please." Asher said. Jacob nodded and ran out the door.

I felt like I was going to puke. I told Asher. He grabbed one of those puke bags off the wall and handed it to me. I leaned over the side is the bed and threw up everything that was in my stomach. I started shaking more violently than the last time. Jacob and the doctor burst through the door. Everyone had worried expressions.

The doctor came over to me after he told Asher to move, so he could check me. He put his hand on my forehead and pulled back, just like Asher did. He took out a thermometer and took my temperature. 112 degrees. The normal body temperature of a wolf is about 104. It ranges depending on the wolf.

He gently pushed me to lay down.

"Luna? Does anything else hurt?" The doctor asked.

"M-my head. It feels like it going to explode! My stomach is churning and I feel like I'm going to throw up, again. I'm fucking freezing!" I said as I pulled the blanket higher.

My shaking became worse. The doctor said something to me, but I didn't hear what he said. All I heard was a loud ringing. I put my hands over my ears and whimpered.

The doctor walked up to Asher and said something. Asher said something back and nodded his head. The doctor left the room.

I curled into fetal position with my hands over ears. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly and whimpered again.

Someone put their hand on my lower thigh by my knee. I opened my eyes and looked up to see Asher. The doctor walked in with a syringe. He walked up to the i.v. and put it in. Soon, the pain started to lesson.

I closed my eyes again. Letting the darkness consume me whole.