Chapter 8

~Asher~

My father and I walked out into the hallway.

"We need to find out who did this to her. I don't want to leave her unprotected either." I told my dad.

"I know son. We should set up watchers to watch her house, keep and eye on her. First things first, she needs clothes and someone to help her. If she can start to trust someone maybe, just maybe, she'll tell them who did this to her." Dad said. When he said that, I thought of Jules. She's the perfect girl to help Luna out.

Jules can you bring clothes for a girl, please? I mind-linked her.

Yes, Alpha. Do you know her size? Jules asked.

She is extremely small, she is 75 pounds. Can you work with that? I linked back.

I might be able to. Ill be there soon, Alpha.

Thank you, Jules. I cut the link. I look back at my father. "Jules will be here soon. Lets hope this works."

Just as I said that, Jules came around the corner with clothes in one hand. She walked up to me and stopped in front of us.

"I brought the clothes, Alpha. Do you need anything else?" She asked.

"Yes, actually. Help her get dressed and make a new friend. Don't just become her friend because I told you too, either. Be her actual friend. She if you can get her to talk." I said. I also gave her a little run down of what happened. I didn't tell her everything though, Luna is going to have to do that. She nodded and walked pasted us to knock on the door.

"Come in." She said. Her voice was barely audible, even with our werewolf hearing. We moved closer to the door, after Jules walked in, to listen to their conversation.

"Hello, my name is Jules Russo. I brought your clothes and came to help with the i.v's and putting the clothes on."

"Okay. Thank you, Mrs. Russo. My name's Luna. Luna Josephine Wolfe."

"Call me Jules, please. You have a beautiful name, Luna. Would you like help getting dressed?"

"Please and thank you."

We heard rustling around in the room. Jules gasped and the whole room went quite.

"Oh my god! You poor girl, who did this to you?"

I thought she wasn't going to answer. My father was thinking the same thing.

"Someone that was supposed to love me." She finally answered. I growled.

Damon, have you found anything out yet? I asked.

Yeah! I've been trying to get you to answer me for, like, 20 minutes, but no. You had to block me. Damon remarked.

Sorry. What did you find out?

Well, I found out where she lived, the girl doesn't know werewolves exist, she lives with her father, and if whoever is hurting her keeps it up her wolf will die. She is just too weak to keep going on like this. Damon explained. I stiffened at that.

Where does she live? I asked.

Damon rattled off an address. I stiffened again. She only lived like 20 houses away from my own. Since I'm alpha, I have my own house. At least I won't have to go far if I need to get to her quickly.

"Dad she doesn't live that far away from me. She lives like 20 houses down. In the old cottage type house, back in the woods. She lives there with her father. Damon said that the girl doesn't know werewolves exist either."

We were both thinking this information over. We were pulled from our thoughts, by hearing Luna say, "thank you, Jules. It was great meeting you. I hope I see you again, but under different circumstances. Bye Jules."

"Me too. Bye Luna. I'll let the guys know you're ready." She shut the door and faced use. She had a sad, horrified, and frightened expression on her face.

"What's wrong? Well besides the obvious, like the cuts and bruises." I asked her.

"Have you seen the carvings?" She asked. I didn't know she had carvings. I shook my head, no. "She has a carving that says 'worthless slut' on her side, one on her back that says 'waste of space', and one on the back of her thigh that says 'I'm ugly'."

I didn't even know what to say. My body started shaking with anger. I growled low and long in my chest. My eyes are probably pitch black. Jules turned around and ran away. Literally.

"Son, calm down. She needs you right now." My father said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I closed my eyes and took deep breathes. When I felt calm enough, I opened my eyes. My father looked at me and raised his brow, silently asking if I'm okay now. I nodded.

We walked into the room. The door slammed closed behind us. Luna flinched.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to slam it." My father said.

Luna smiled up at us and said, "its okay. It wasn't your fault."

I looked at my father and could tell, he didn't believe her smile either.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked.

"Go where? Oh, what time is it. My watch broke when the dog bit my hand."

"I'm taking you home and it's just past 2. School doesn't get out until 2:30. So we should be fine." She nodded.

"Okay." She said and got up. She stumbled and I rushed forward before she hit the floor.