Chapter 38

~Jacob~

It's about 3 pm and the introduction will take place at 4:30. We have a hour and a half to finish setting up chairs and bringing out the food. I made it mandatory to be there because Asher has to make the announcement. I walk around and help with placing food on the table and help set up chairs. Once everything was done, it was 4:27. We finished just on time. Everyone is starting to come outside or arrive by walking or driving. As soon as its 5:00 and everyone's seated, I link Asher telling him everyone's here and he can come and say his announcement.

"Hello, everyone. I hope you all are having a wonderful night tonight!" I say. I hear wolf howls, whistles, and claps. I smile. "I'd like to welcome Alice, Christopher, Carter, Crash, and Nick to our pack. Will you guys and girl, come up here?" They make their way up to the stage. "Alice and Christopher are mates. Please introduce yourselves."

"'Ello. My name is Alice. I was born in England and I'm 19 years old." She said in her strong English accent.

"Aye. My name is Christopher. I was born in Scotland and I'm 22 years old." He said in his Scottish accent. They stepped back.

"Crash, Carter." They stepped forward.

"Hi. My name is Crash. I was born in California and I'm 20 years old."

"Hello, my name is Carter. I'm 18 years old and I was born in France."

"And last Nick."

"Hello, my name is Nick. I'm 15 years old and I was born in Australia." He said with an Australian accent.

"Thank you, guys. You may have a seat now." They walked off the stage and sat down at different tables with different people, except Alice and Christopher. They sat together.

"Okay, everyone. Alpha Asher will be here soon. He has an announcement to make. Everyone please enjoy your meal while we wait." I say. I hop off the stage as everyone starts to eat. I look down at my watch, 6:30. I grab a plate myself and start eating. Asher will be here in ten minutes. We all sit around, talking, and eating.

Suddenly, everyone goes silent. I look around and Asher is walking up the steps to the stage. His face is a blank mask, but I can tell he was crying.

"Everyone, listen up." Asher spoke quietly, but it was enough to get everyone's attention.

'Alpha, I n-need h-help. Something j-j-jumped out in front o-of m-me. My ca-car is lodged b-between two t-t-trees and my seatbelt is st-stuck. I ca-can't get out and the hood is on f-f-fire." A female mind linked the entire pack. Whispers started.

"Quite! Jacob, Trent, come with me. I need two trackers and three fighters, just in case. Lets go fine her." Asher hoppes off the stage and take off towards the road. The trackers, warriors, Trent, and I take off running after him.

When we get there, we instantly know something is wrong. There is another were scent. I can't tell which kind of were, but it was here. What ever made that scent possibly made this car crash.

"Jacob, get over here and help!" Asher shouts. I sprint over to where they are. As they come into my line of sight, I see the mangled car jammed between two trees, the hood caught on fire and the top of the car is caved in, in the back. Asher and the warriors are assessing the situation. I know exactly what to do though. I run up to the car and punch out the remaining parts of the back drivers side window. I crawl through the window, landing on the back seat. I reach for my pocket knife, only to realize I don't have it with me. I stick my head out the window and asks, "does anyone have a knife?" A warrior runs up to me and gives me one. I go back into the car and cut off her seatbelt. She is unconscious and has a small gash on her forehead. I carefully pull her into the back seat, ignoring the little sparks that are going through my hands. I rearrange her and stick her feet out the window.

"Asher or someone, grab her feet and pull her out carefully! I'll help, pull her when I push!" I shout so they can hear me. I hear some rustling, then silence.

"Do you have her?" I shout out.

"Yes, I'll pull whenever you're ready!" Asher yells back. I pick her up some so she is level with the window and start pushing.

"Start pulling her out carefully!" I shout to Asher. I can feel Asher pulling her out, so I start pushing harder. Eventually, it's just her head and shoulders in the car. "Asher, wait a second." I pull her back in some. I place my hands under her head and shoulders to support her.

"Asher, you should be able to pick her up and lift her the rest of the way out. Just be careful." All to soon, her head leaves my hands and she's pulled from the car.

For some reason the car got hotter. I look at the front, the fire is coming into the car. I shift and crawl out of the window. Trying not to catch on fire at the same time.

Asher places her on my back and tells me to take her to the hospital. I wasn't really listening, I was thinking about the sparks, but still I took off trotting to the pack hospital, but being careful not to drop her at the same time. Once I get there, I realize there's a problem, I can't open the door.

I lay down and gently shook her off me. I pick her up by the shirt. I smell the most amazing scent ever. I inhale deeply and notice it's coming for her.

Mate. My wolf, Simba, growls. My eyes widen. Mate. My mate...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~A/n~

Hey guys! I wanted to let you know that this is the last update until Friday. I have exams all week, except today. I also appreciate all of the compliments and comments on my book, and thanks for all your support. Wish me luck and please vote and comment.

Thanks,
~Tess.