Bella let out a sigh.

***

"You told him. How much did you tell him?" Katherine asked as she met Jacob as he got off his bike.

"I'll explain everything in a minute," Jacob said.

"What's going on?" Bella asked as her as the two walked into the home.

Jacob led the 3 vampires out onto a balcony so they could talk.

"Jacob told dad," Katherine explained as they came to a stop.

"Told him what?" Bella asked.

"Look, I solved a problem. You were leaving. What did you expect me to do?" Jacob defend himself.

"You don't realize the danger you've put him in. The Volturi will kill anyone who knows about us," Bella warned.

"No, I didn't tell him about you. Just me. I only said you were different," Jacob explained.

"Yeah, that's so much better," Katherine muttered with an eye roll.

"And that we have a niece who we adopted," Edward added after reading Jacob's thoughts.

"I mean, seriously, Jake, he's not just gonna let that go," Bella argued.

"Did you consider the physical pain he'll put Bella through? It'll be like sticking a white hot branding iron down her throat. And that's assuming she can control her thirst," Edward scolded Jacob.

"Look, Charlie's been in hell. And I know you'll be much happier with him in your life," Jacob tried to reason.

"Bella," Katherine shared a look with her sister.

"Jacob, don't try and pretend you're doing this for anyone but yourself," Edward accused.

"I'm sorry you feel that way because he'll be here in 10 minutes," Jacob said.

"What?" Bella and Katherine asked shocked.

***

All the Cullens gathered around to help Bella seem more human. Katherine sat watching all of this trying not to laugh. Then they all heard Charlie's police cruiser pull into the driveway. Everyone began leaving the room and Esme wished Bella luck. Carlisle guided Charlie to where Bella and Katherine were sat with Edward. Edward stood up when he saw Charlie. Bella squeezed her sisters hand. Katherine squeezed back to comfort Bella.

"Bella," Charlie spoke.

"Hi, dad," Bella said softly.

"Are you okay?" Charlie asked concerned.

"Never better. Healthy as a horse," Bella explained.

"You don't turn into an animal, too, do you?" Charlie asked.

Every one chuckled. Before Jacob spoke up, "she wishes she was that awesome."

"Let's give them some privacy," Edward said before helping Katherine up.

Everyone Slowly filled out of the room. Katherine stopped by her dad. "Don't leave without saying goodbye okay," Katherine said before reaching up and kissing his cheek.

***

Weeks had gone by. Katherine spent her time mostly resting trying to stay relaxed so things would go smoothly. But her next check-up just proved her fears.

"Any day now," Carlisle said. "You measure at 40 weeks."

Katherine sighed, "I'm only supposed to be 5 months."

"I have a few more things I'd like to check, if Jacob would like to leave the room?" Carlisle mostly asked.

"Why?" Jacob questioned.

"He has to check me to hopefully see how much longer till I'm going to give birth. Just go, trust me you don't want to be here. Hell I don't want to be present for it," Katherine joked.

Jacob left the room and Carlisle began checking her.

"I'm going to strip the membranes, if that's okay. It will help move things along so you could go into labor any day now," Carlisle explained.

"At this point I'm kind of glad he miraculously grew and I don't have to carry him much longer. Not sure if I could do the full 9 months. Do what ever helps get him to vacate the premises," Katherine joked earning a chuckle from Carlisle.

After Carlisle finished up he gave her a list of ways that could possibly help her go into labor. The first person she ran into was Bella.

"How'd it go?" Bella asked with a smile.

"He'll be here any day now. It's crazy, I should be 5 months but I just want him out," Katherine complained.

Bella chuckled, "He's comfortable with his mom."

"Too comfortable. My bladder is his stress ball. He's not even in the world yet, what does he have to stress about?" Katherine complained.

"Carlisle said any day now. So you'll be fine," Bella assured her sister.

"Easy for you, Mrs I was only pregnant for a month," Katherine stuck her tongue out at Bella.

"Shut up, you've only been pregnant for 5 and you'll live," Bella joked.

"Ha ha," Katherine rolled her eyes before actually laughing. "I'm going to take a bath and go eat popcorn."

○■□●