"Together?" Officer Bradford questioned.

"No. We're each gonna ride with a rookie, and their respective T.O.s will pair up" She explained to the officers.

"Ma'am, I'd be honored if you'd ride with me" West chimed in from the front of the room.

"That is sweet, Officer West, but today I'm riding with Officer Chen"

"Sergeant Grey, I'd be honored if you rode with Officer West today" Nolan said to him raising his hand.

"That's cute, Officer Nolan, but you know my heart belongs to you" Grey responded causing a couple officers to chuckle.

"Lucky me"

"Also, Officer Rossi will be with Officer Bishop today" Vienna sighed. "Which means Officer Reyes and Officer Bradford, you two are riding together"

...

Vienna and Tim stared at each other while standing in front of Tim's shop "So, you didn't get the gear?" Tim asked her breaking the silence.

"Neither did you" She shot back, crossing her arms over her chest. "Do I look like your boot?"

"You were once"

"Yeah, for two weeks. A long time ago" She replied sharply, Tim rolled his eyes. "So unless you have a time machine, it looks like we're at an impasse" He scoffed before thinking of something.

"I have an idea" He said to her and walked out.

After a couple minutes Bradford walked back in the room as Vienna gave him a confused look. "What'd you do?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Got Officer Chen to do it" She smirked.

"Surprisingly a good idea"

"Bradford, Reyes!" Captain Andersen yelled from the hallway.

"I take back what I said" She mumbled as the two walked into the hallway. "Yes, Captain?"

"Officer Chen is my boot today. Is that perfectly clear?" Andersen asked the two officers.

"Yes, ma'am" Tim replied with a nod.

"Get your gear" She told them, Bradford grabbed the two bags from Chen as Reyes grabbed the two guns.

"This is your fault" Vienna hissed glancing at Bradford.

...

While driving the shop Vienna kept noticing Tim glancing at her, she sighed. "What?" She asked breaking the silence.

"Nothing" Tim shrugged, Vienna rolled her eyes. "Your just doing the thing"

"What thing?"

"When something's on your mind"

"Fine" She sighed. "I wanna introduce Buck to Elena but I don't know how she'll react"

"I didn't ask" Bradford told her, she scoffed and mumbled something under her breath "Also who's Elena?"

"My daughter, oh my God, I hate you"

"Bar fight at 4672 Van Nuys Boulevard"

"Seriously a bar fight?" Tim asked with a scoff, Vienna smirked.

"7-Adam-19. Responding" She said into the radio, Bradford gave her an unamused look

"Seriously?"

"I'm doing this to piss you off"

...

After a long shift being stuck with Tim and then him getting sprayed by a skunk which Vienna found hilarious, she hadn't been bothered to cook food so she ordered takeout for her and her daughter instead while Gabriella was at one of her friends for a sleepover so Vienna thought this was the perfect time to talk to Elena about her new boyfriend.

"So, honey. I wanna talk to you about something" Vienna said, sitting down on the couch next to her daughter.

"Are we getting a dog?" Elena asked her mother, Vienna chuckled.

"No"

"Hmm, are me and Christopher still getting ice cream tomorrow?"

"Yes" Vienna replied with a chuckle, Elena looked at her confused.

"Then what?"

"Uh,so you know how your mom and dad used to date?" Her daughter nodded. "And we broke up, um, so I-I've been dating someone"

"Who?" Elena asked furrowing her brows in confusion. "Is it dad?"

"No, of course not. He's a firefighter"

"Ooh, is that why you took so long in your room this morning?" Elena asked with a grin on her face.

Vienna looked at her daughter with a surprised look before slowly nodding. "Y-Yep"

"Well, can I atleast meet this guy? What's his name?" Elena asked, folding her arms over her chest trying to act serious.

Vienna chuckled, "You remind me so much of me" She teased, remembering the time she practically interrogated Gabriella over one of the boyfriend's she had. The seven year old frowned trying to keep a serious look on her face while 'glaring' at her mother. "Fine, His name's Evan Buckley but everyone calls him Buck. Now, any more questions, detective?"

"Nope, that's it. Can I watch TV now?" Elena asked with a sweet grin on her face.

"Uh, is that it? You're not mad or upset?" She asked her daughter, the seven year old shook her head confused.

"Why would I be? You're happy, and as long as he's not a jackass like dad then it's fine" She shrugged, Vienna gave her an unsure look.

"You sure?"

"Yes" She groaned, leaning her head against the back of the couch. "I trust you, you're a cop, you wouldn't bring someone in this house unless you trusted them" Vienna nodded in agreement. "I'm fine with it"

Vienna smiled and pressed a kiss on her daughter's forehead, "Thanks, honey"

"Did you atleast run a background check?" She asked, grabbing the TV remote off the table.

"Yep, perfectly fine" Elena nodded before turning on the TV.

"Good, so, when can I meet him?"

"I don't know yet, but soon" She nodded happily again before going back to watch the TV.

Ty for reading! Sorry this ones a little shorter than normal, I had no idea how to end it so, anyway hope you guys enjoyed!

Written: 21/05/2023

Published:27/05/2023

Word Count:1276