Chapter 63

Back at FP headquarters Craig is put in a medical room again.

The doctor takes his vitals and reports to Tweek. "He is fine. Just got knocked out. Probably just a minor concussion. He should wake up within the next hour."

Tweek nods and the doctor leaves. He goes up to the meeting room where Wendy and Stan are.

Wendy is crying into Stan's chest. He is doing his best to comfort her but he is holding back tears.

Stan looks up when Tweek enters. "How is he?"

"Fine, just a concussion. He will wake up soon."

"Okay."

The three of them stand in silence for a few minutes. No one knows what to say.

Tweek finally sits down at the table. "Are you guys gonna be okay..?"

Wendy continues to sob.

"Right..."

This was the second death this team had faced. It was just as painful as the first time.

Tweek steps out into the hall to call Clyde.

"This is Clyde."

"Hey, Clyde, it's Tweek,"

"My man! How was the mission?"

Tweek bites his lip, "Clyde. We lost Tolkien."

"Lost? Is he..."

"He's gone."

"... damnit."

"..."

"How is the rest of the team?"

"Not great. We are all relatively unharmed but..."

"What?"

"Craig got knocked out. Can you go stay with him until he wakes up? I know I'm asking a lot..."

"You aren't with him?"

"No. I have to make a public statement soon..."

"I see. Okay. I'll go."

"Thank you."

Tweek hangs up and sighs. He has been on the verge of tears for over 5 hours, doing his best to keep his composure. He knew if he started crying he wouldn't stop.

-

Craig wakes up. The lights in his room hurt his eyes so he covers them.

"Welcome back." Clyde turns the lights off so Craig isn't in pain.

"Clyde? Where is everyone? Where am I?"

"Medical wing. You got a bit of a concussion."

"Right... I hit my head after... oh... Tolkien... is he..?"

"He's gone."

Tears start flowing from Craig's eyes before he can even process those words.

Clyde hands Craig a box of tissues.

"Where's Tweek? Is he okay?"

"He is. He needs to make a public statement as the leader of team A so he's gonna be busy for a while."

"I see..."

"Come on, let's get you to your room."

-

Craig sits in his condo with his lights off. He is in the farthest corner of his room, curled up into a ball. He wasn't crying anymore, but he felt a deep depression.

Hours pass without him moving. He just sits. Starting at the same spot on the floor.

His doorbell rings, but he doesn't get up, he doesn't even move.

It rings again and again. He still doesn't react.