Chapter 35

Tolkien steps forward, "I'll go first."

"Cool. We can't give you a harness or anything since there's no time to disconnect you. You will be using a leather belt."

"How will that keep me on?"

Wendy smiles, "Just hold on real tight."

"Sadistic woman."

"Get on!"

Tolkien takes a belt and drapes it over the wire. "Here goes nothing."

He takes off, moving a lot faster than he thought he would.

The team can hear Tolkiens yelling as he slides down. "OHHH SHHIIIIT!"

He crashes through the window and tumbles. "I'm okay!"

Wendy smiles at Stan. "See? Easy. Your turn."

Everyone goes down the line. one by one. Wendy takes off before Tweek and Craig, leaving them alone together.

"Okay, Tweek, do you want to go first or should I?"

"I guess I can go first. Just promise you'll get on properly and hold on tight when you go."

"Haha, I appreciate you worrying about me, but I should be fine. Give it a shot."

Tweek took a moment to admire the wind blowing through Craig's hair. He pictured the two of them giving each other a goodbye kiss before he went down. "I'll see you down there then."

"Yep. Good luck."

Tweek slides down with no problems. Tolkien and Stan catch him as he enters the window. Shortly after, Craig makes it down too.

"Alright, guys. That's all there is to it. Does anyone need any more practice?" Wendy unties the zipline once everyone says they got enough.

-

Once again, the day before the mission comes before Craig knew it. He decided to sleep the whole day this time. He held Stripe for a while to relax his nerves after taking a few naps and eating dinner.

"I hope Tweek is able to get some sleep... He couldn't last time..."

Stripe squeaks at him.

"Should I check on him?"

Stripe stares at Craig with his blank, rodent eyes.

Craig gets out his phone to text Tweek

Craig: Hey, It's me. Are you getting rest? Do you need help?

Tweek: I got a bit of sleep earlier, but now I'm restless.

Craig: I'll come over.

Tweek: You don't have to...

By the time Tweek sent that last text Craig was already at his door.

"Hey, Tweek. Did you eat?"

"I did. What about you?"

"Yep."

"You really didn't have to come over."

"I wanted to. We can't have our leader sleep deprived. I'm just looking out for the team."

"Right... the team..."

"Come on, let's get some sleep."

"Let's?"

"I need to sleep too."

"Here?!"

"What's wrong? It's just like a sleepover. We're both dudes so it's not weird. Friends do this all the time."

"Okay... I can get you a blanket for the couch."

"Why can't we share the bed?"

"Excuse me?"

"Your bed is huge. Why can't we just share it?"

"I guess I don't have a good reason to refuse..."

"Then let's go, it's late."