Chapter 24

Craig is surrounded in an instant. He snaps out of his daze and starts punching again, but there are too many of them too fast, he can't keep up. A fist hits his chin, splitting the skin open.

"Ack!"

More fists fly at him, he closes his eyes and puts his arms up to block, even if it wouldn't do much.

Suddenly all the men around him shake, then fall to the floor. Craig sees a turret winding down. Tupperware had gunned them all down.

He rushes to Craig. "You okay?"

"Thanks to you, yeah."

A flash and a loud bang is heard from behind them. They turn to see Tweek and Stan standing over the three subjects. Stan had a bit of a scratch on his arm but other than that they looked unharmed. 

"Everyone still in one piece?" Wendy calls over when she hears the fitting stop.

Tweek responds, "Yes. We will start heading to the console. Keep an eye on the system."

"Sure thing."

The console was what the facilities used to alter humans. This console was in the center of the building, right out in the open. All they had to do to stop Dendra was to destroy the console.

The group walks down the halls. It seems like everyone had stopped trying to attack them, or they all already got taken down. They follow the map they had memorized and before they know it they reach the main room.

Tweek tells everyone to stop in the doorway. He slowly walks in, looking around. "I don't get it..."

"What?" Craig peaks out.

"There's no one here. I would understand why the scientists would escape, but we only fought 3 altered. There has to be more. It's far too quiet."

"Can we come out? You shouldn't be in the open by yourself."

"Yeah, come on."

They all walk to the center of the large room. The console is embedded in a large wall. 

Tweek backs away to the opposite side of the room. "Everyone stand back, they explode when they break. Tupperware will take it out from back here."

Tolkien takes his turret and sets it up in the corner. "I should be able to fire in about 5 minutes, it got a bit damaged so I need to repair it."

"Got it, everyone let's just chill for a bit."

Tweek leans against a wall and closes his eyes. Craig approaches him and leans on the same wall, "You're incredibly anxious right now."

"I am... It's seriously too quiet."

"Yeah..."

Craig scans the room, it's all white with blinding fluorescent lights. He suddenly spots a bit of pink aura wafting from behind a desk, then he sees four more behind other desks.

He does his best to appear calm, "Hey, Tweek. Keep looking forward. I'm going to talk quietly so they can't hear us, act like I'm not saying anything important."

"Okay."

"Five people are in this room, not including us. I see pink behind some of the desks."

"What does pink mean?"

"Malace. They are definitely waiting for a chance to attack. In order from left to right, they are under desks 3, 8, 13, 24, 30."

"Understood. Are you positive that's everyone?"

"Yes."

Tweek speaks up, "Hey, guys? I'm starting to get curious, how many dynamos are in this room?"

Craig remembers that it's the codeword and catches on, "Hm... looking around it would seem like maybe 5?"

Tolkien and Stan look at them and nod. Tolkien continues to work on his turret as Stan approaches Craig slowly. Craig points to the desks.

Stan kneels to the ground and pushes a power tool into it, he takes a deep breath and presses the trigger.