Chapter 85

Tweek wakes up just as the sun starts to set. The orange clouds decorated the window like a painting.

"You up?" Craig asks in his groggy voice.

"I am."

"Good." He kisses Tweeks forehead.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit down."

"I'm just thinking..."

Tweek sits up, "Tell me what's on your mind."

"I don't know... I haven't really sorted my thoughts out yet so it might come out kinda harsh."

"That's okay."

Craig turns on his side to face Tweek. "I think you should quit FP. I think we both should."

"Why?"

"We have both almost died within the last couple of months."

"That's just part of the job..."

"But it isn't! We have been targeted by people outside of the facilities..."

"FP has been my life for the past 3 years... I don't have anything else."

"You have me. We have each other. We can go somewhere quiet and open a cafe. Just like we talked about."

"It sounds nice, and I really do want to live that happily ever after with you, but this is our lives now. We signed a contract and the public expects us to rid the world of the facilities."

"There's more people who are capable of this. You don't need to take this burden on by yourself. I understand you have been hurt by them, we all have. That doesn't make it your responsibility. You're allowed to want your own life, you don't need to live by other people's standards. It's stupid. It's stupid to keep working here knowing you're in more danger than the other members. You don't seem to understand that. And it hurts so bad every time I see you get hurt and then ignore the pain. You think you shouldn't feel negative emotions because it will weaken you, but the fact that you push them down every time only adds to your emotional issues. I can see your struggle, literally. I was built to see how much pain you're in. At first I thought the darkened corners of your aura were due to your emotional regulation but I've learned that you're deteriorating your feelings by neglecting them. It frankly pisses me off, Tweek."

"Are you sure you're not just worried about yourself? Maybe you're the one who is scared. You're scared about your own safety. Maybe you weren't the right person for the job."

"Tweek, don't say that."

"Why not? If you're gonna dig deep into my downfalls then why can't I do the same?"

"Tweek that's not what I was trying to do..."

"Well, it's what you did."

"I'm sorry..."

Tweek sighs and rubs his forehead. "I think I'm gonna go eat alone in the cafeteria. Would you mind sleeping on the couch tonight?"

"Tweek..."

"Sorry... I just... I need to think. I need space."

"...okay..."

Tweek gets up and leaves without saying another word. Leaving Craig alone in the dark bedroom.

Craig curls up and hugs his knees. "Fuck..."