Sleepover with A Surprise

Angel's POV*******
I got home late in the afternoon. I opened the door to see a big frowning white dog.
"Hey, Spark..."
Sparky sniffed my body and I'm guessing he picked Samuel's scent on me because he growled and trotted away.
I sighed and locked the door once I got in.
"Sparky, give her some slack! She's 17!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.
Sparky replied with a snappy whine and I giggled.

"Hey, mom"
"You're late! I told that boy not to make you too sore!" My mom hissed at me.
I chuckled "He didn't mom..."
My mom's eyes raked me up and down, then they bulged out of their socket.
"Did you...?"
"Nooo!" I yelled.
I cleared my throughly and brought my voice down "No..."
Mom just rolled her eyes "With the way things are going, you'll lose your virginity on your 18th birthday"
"Mom!" I cried "I'm not that kind of person!"

My mom shooed me away "Better get your lazy ass ready for your sleepover. You girls need to grow up. What are you? 10?"
"There's no age limit for a sleepover mom!"
"In my days, it was childish to have sleepovers after 12 years"
"It is childish, but that doesn't mean it's not allowed anymore"
"Tell Mrs. Richardson I said 'Hi'"
"Alright, mom!"

I climbed the stairs to my room and I found Sparky sitting casually on my bed.
"C'mon, Spark! Don't be mad" I coped and walked up to him. I wrapped my arms around him and stroked his lush fur. Had to give my mom credit for that.

"Sam could never get between us. Nothing could. You are the best dog anyone could ever ask for!"

Sparky whimpered and nuzzled his head into my cheek.
"You're like a big brother to me, Spark. You're family"
Sparky barked joyfully and licked my cheek.
"Eeeewww! Sparky!" I half-laughed.

I went to the shower, switched into casual clothes and started packing my bag for the sleepover.
"Deck of card... check. Medications... alright... Underwear... do I need them...?"
Sparky barked and I rolled my eyes.
"Fine, fine... underwear, check... Comfortable PJs... specifically, my Cat onesie... totally check that one. Extra set of clothes and a swim suit... check. That's all I need!"
Sparky didn't protest so I guess that meant I was set!
Every other minor items like my phone, ear pods, eye drops (in case of incasities), a charger, and a bunch of other stuff was resting in the smallest pouch of my bag.

I petted Sparky on the head, and gave my mom a kiss before I set a course for Richie's place.

I guess you'd like to ask why I don't just take the bus? Because that's pollution! The world's sick enough! I rejected my mom's offer to get me a car for my 16th birthday, and I told her to get a bicycle instead.
You know what they say! Go green! I'm not a vegan champ though. How can you say no to chicken and ice cream?! That's all the comfort food you can get! I give those vegans respect! They were going to outlive me anyway.

Ding-Dong

"Ms. Ilves. Happy to see you" Charles greeted me at the doorstep.
"Happy to see you too, Charles!" I beamed.
I was about to take a step, when he gripped my wrist "I'm not supposed to say anything negative about the young missus, but she's extremely suspicious if you've noticed..."
I nodded my head. "We had a little fight. It's all back to normal, though"
"I still have my doubts..." he stopped himself from saying anymore, then he whispered quietly.
"I can say you had an urgent call and had to leave unexpectedly. It's your call. You can stay or run for it while you still can"
I just blinked, but I took in a deep breath "Thank you for your concern, Charles. If this is a way of warning me about Richie's plan, I know, but I don't want to run away all my life like a coward. I want to face her and anything she tried to throw at me"

Charles bit back his words and just sighed. He wordlessly paved way for me to enter the big house.
"The master and mistress went out for a business meeting. They'll come back on Sunday evening"