Friends

Sam's pov*******
Today is a school day, and I'm going to apologize to Angel. It's the first step towards a better, healthier relationship.
I had to remove all the toxins in the air namely, my spiteful attitude and greed.
Yes, I was greedy, but only for her! I can't help it when she purses her cute lips like that. It's so wrong!

I wanted her to join us for breakfast because I'm sure she can't have breakfast this early in the morning.
Has she always been sacrificing herself for me?

... I hope she agrees to stay. I just want to be nice.

_____________________________________________
Angel's pov*******
I woke up feeling lightheaded. What was the cause of this? I had a good sleep last night, right? I don't even know.

Oh yeah. I was crying... Again. Seems to be a normal routine now.
Wake up. Eat... or don't. Do stuff. If you're going to school, that's your stuff to do. Do more stuff when you get home. Think about why you're alive. Think about everything going wrong... Just think... Think about it... Think about it all. Then let it out.

My pillows suffer for it, and unfortunately so does my sleep.
No. I'm not telling you about my problem.

I don't think I'll tell anyone... There's this...
Nooooooo!
I'm not telling you of all people.
Yes, YOU!
Who do you think I'm talking to? Santa?!
I mean YOU. The 'oh so precious reader'.
'Oh wowie. I'm the reader and I know everything about you! Haha!'
I'm not telling you and the author can't make me!
How can I know that you don't go spilling other people's secrets huh?
Just kidding.
No hard feelings, though.

I yawned and patted Sparky on the head before getting up to get ready for today. It was crazy waking up this early.
What time is it?
5am!

I sighed and walked downstairs to the kitchen. My mom was never awake by this time. She left for work by 9 and had no stress. But I was here, not even working yet, and waking up by 5 because I have a guy to pick up like I'm his babysitter.

I tried to think of what to eat and I realized that I wasn't hungry today. Weird. I didn't eat last night either.
I can't say I'm glad I'm not pregnant because I needed to eat even if I didn't want to.

I later gave up and sighed. Time was running out.

I just grabbed myself a cracker and rode off.

I parked my bike outside his place and rang the doorbell.

I rang it many more times... Because why not? Heehee.

"Angel"
My heart stopped at the sound of his voice. When did he open the door?
I looked at him and smiled.
"Are you ready to go?"

He suddenly looked flustered, almost like the old Depressed Sam I used to know.
"I was... I was wondering..."
He awkwardly scratched the back of his head.
"Have you..."

He let out a deep sigh and turned to look at me with a straight face "Did you eat?"

I was surprised. I wasn't expecting that question. Nope. Not on my life!
No one asks me if I've eaten except when I'm sick.

"Yeah" I replied with a half truth. Well, I did eat a cracker...
His eyes widened "Oh... What did you eat?"

Okay, I knew that question was coming. I didn't have the heart to lie to him.

"I just had a cracker. It wasn't bad" I blurted stupidly.
He suddenly stared at me like I was some kind of alien.

He shook his head and dragged me inside.
I saw his parents smiling warmly at me as they sat around the table.

"Umm... What's going on?" I asked.
Was he doing some sort of official introduction? Was he going to ask his parents for their blessings to marry me?
Isn't he being too forward. This is going too fast. I'm not even so sure of my feelings yet! And I'm in a mental crisis for crying out loud!

"We're having Thanksgiving Turkey" he snorted.
I rolled my eyes at his sarcastic words.
He sat me down on a chair and sat next to me.
"You're having breakfast... If you care to join us"

I blinked. I was speechless. Woah! When did this happen? Our usual business was just pick and drop. I never complained and he didn't waste time. Did he want to be late today?

"Sam... You're going to be late" I told him
He just shrugged "It's too early to go to school"
I was surprised. I knew that, I just didn't know that he knew that.
"Who are you? What have you done to Sam?" I asked in a playful tone.
Sam rolled his eyes "I'm just concerned about your health. I don't want you dieing on me"

He laughed, then I laughed and turned to the food before me.
Before, I wasn't hungry, but now, all my lost appetite seemed to come running back.
To make things better, Mrs. Lenard's cooking was amazing.
10 out of 10.

I was so full with my food and Mr. And Mrs. Lenard were acting strangely normal.

"Bye, Sam. Bye, Angel dear" Mrs. Lenard said and waved us off.

I smiled and waved back.

"Angel... I'm sorry"

I flinched. What was he sorry for? What was he doing? Did he not want to be friends anymore? Was I too annoying?

"I'm sorry for being to forward and rushing you into things" he added.
I immediately relaxed. That was what he was sorry for.

"I just... It was my first time liking someone and you made me feel like my old self again... I really like you... So much... I love you and... I... I didn't even care about your feelings once. I even kissed you without permission... I never asked you how you felt or if you were okay... I am a horrible friend... Please... Can you forgive me... And start things over? I promise to take things slow... Even if it means my feelings will never be returned"

I choked. Did he just say that? He was... Considering my feelings? He realized he was going to fast? He wanted to be my friend no matter...?

"Sam... I know how much I mean to you and I have to admit... You took my kiss without asking which hurt me a little..."
I could feel him slouch from behind me.

"But... I'm still happy it was you... I never expected you... Or anyone for that matter to be interested in me..."
"Why not? You're amazing!" He cut me off.
I smiled at his words "People don't see me that way, Sam... They don't see me like you do"

Sam hugged me from behind "They should... They're really dumb"
I chuckled "I'm happy that you realized that you were going too fast for me... I... I am not sure of my feelings yet... And I don't know if I can return your feelings... But I'll try..."

"Don't try" he snarled.
"You don't have to like me back just because I want you too. If you don't, it's fine. Don't try so hard to please people. It's wrong."

My heart swelled with warmth "I forgive you, Sam. Let's just stay friends for now..."

He hugged me tighter and whispered "If I do anything you don't like, please tell me... And if you need me, I'll be here... If anyone is bugging you, just call me. I want to be a real good friend to you, Angel..."
I laughed at his words "You just asked to steal the role of my bestie"
He smiled "Can I take it?"
"No way!" I laughed "Richie is irreplaceable!"

We reached school and I was surprised to see people there. We were usually the first to arrive. Then, I checked the time.

7:45am.
Hmm.
Cool. 15 minutes to take a nap.

"You're still going to take a nap?" He asked me.
"Yeah, I didn't sleep well" I replied.
He frowned at me "You never sleep well. Why?"

I just shrugged "Nothing. Bye"
Sam looked a bit uncomfortable at my answer. I could tell he was worried.

I spread my arms and wrapped them around him.
"I don't want to talk about it" I whispered.

I smiled and walked away.