Josh Evans

Angel's pov*******

Josh is a handsome blonde haired and blue eyed boy, Captain of the football team.

When I first met him in the 8th grade, I was talking with my friends, Beatrice and Ethan, in the cafeteria, when he came along and whispered something in Ethan's ears.

"Who is that?" Beatrice asked in a sing song voice after Josh had left.

"He's my Friend. He's part of the Triple B's"

The triple B's are a group of people that stand for Big Bad Boys in Class B.
"Oh, so he's one of the big bad boys?" I asked.
Beatrice rolled her eyes "He just said that, Angie. Try and keep up"

Ethan nodded "Yeah, he is. He's also in the football team"
Beatrice whistled "Ooh~ He's hot"

Beatrice wasn't lying. Josh was certainly hot.
He would never notice someone like me. Not when I'm tagged the weird kid.

Well, I was proved completely wrong, because a few days after that day, Beatrice came to introduce Josh to us.

"I'm Josh Evans. Nice to meet you, girls" he said in a handsome smooth voice.

I blushed when he took my hand and shook it. Beatrice noticed and dragged me to a corner.
"You like him!" She squealed in my ear.
"No! I-I don't!" I failed to hide my blush.

"It's okay. Infact... I think he likes you too. Look at him"
I reluctantly turned my head to look at him. He was smiling my way and waved.

"What if... What if he thinks I'm weird?" I asked

Beatrice shrugged "That's his problem"
My shoulders slumped and Beatrice quickly added "I mean... He's a good guy. He wouldn't even care"

I hoped she was right.

The next few months, Josh and I were closer than ever. I even introduced him to Richie.

"Josh Evans? I'm Richie Richardson"
Richie held her hand out for a handshake and she batted her eyes trying to be flirty.
I nudged her arm and hissed "Stop that"

"I'm only being friendly!" She snapped and turned back to Josh who seemed weirded out.

Josh and I were almost inseparable. I was weird and crazy and stuff, but he embraced all of me.

I couldn't help falling for him more and more.

"I want to try out for the football team"

My eyes widened "Wow! That'd be awesome! Kicking and throwing balls! Kind of like a clown in the circus..."

Josh punched my arm playfully "Shut up. Anyway, I'm scared I won't make the team"
I put my arms around him "Hey. Of course you will. You're passionate about it! If they don't let you in, then they're losing the best clown in the circus"

"I literally didn't understand anything you just said" he laughed.
I smiled "No one can"

_____________________________________________

A year later, Josh confessed his feelings for me. He was already chosen to be the football captain.

"Angel, your the most special girl I've ever met. I love you with all my heart and I promise to love you forever"
"I love you too, Josh, and I will never stop loving you"

I guess... Not all fairytales have their happily ever after. Not all promises need to be fulfilled. Forever seemed to be a very long time, right?

...

Right?

"Hey, babe. I won't be able to make it to our date today. The team needs another run, okay?"

I smiled, even though I felt something was off.
"Okay"