Chapter 6

Kazuha's POV

It was seven in the afternoon on a Friday night, a time where everybody would be at the club, looking for hookups. I'm used to the nightlife around here, I know how it goes. And that's why even in the taxi I can't tell Chaewon the real reason why I'm going with her. There are a ton of assholes out there that could take advantage of her, I need to make sure she's safe but I don't want to come across as overprotective, I'd rather just let her think that I'm going so she's not lonely.

"So what's the signal for when I find someone?" The bobbed girl next to me interrupted my thoughts, she brushed her bangs which I'd noticed was a habit of hers.

"What?"

"You know. The signal for you to stay behind a few hours." She flashed a mischievous grin and gave a wink.

"I don't know, just text me." She nodded in reply and the rest of the journey was silent, only the driver occasionally glanced at the two of us in the rear view mirror. We arrived to the bar, it was one I'd been to quite a few times, one I'm familiar with. People in their twenties littered the streets, either smoking or in the midst of conversation in their skimpy outfits.
We walked inside and I headed straight to the bar, Chaewon a few steps behind me.

"Kazuha! Back so soon?" Yujin beamed, giving me an awkward hug over the counter, Chaewon just watched the interaction silently.

"Chaewon, this is Yujin, I come here often." I explained to the lost girl, she nodded before introducing herself politely.

"What can I get you both?" The bartender smiled with her dimples, wiping down some pint glasses with a rag.

"I'll have a Jack on the rocks, and what do you want?" I turned to the short girl beside me.

"I'll have the same." Chaewon smiled nervously and I could tell she wasn't used to this setting, all the people grinding on each other, having to shout over the loud music, the heat. It was obvious she was nervous but I was there to look out for her, she didn't have to worry, she could let loose. God knows she needed a drink after last night. Yujin walked past the two of us after serving our drinks to serve someone else.

"She's pretty." She whispered, just before she brushed past me completely, still able to give a cheeky wink. I rolled my eyes, it wasn't like that, Chaewon and me had become good friends recently, and I liked things the way they were. I'm able to be friends with an attractive girl without it escalating.

"So, you wanna go dance?" I asked after around twenty minutes, just enough for Chaewon to get a little liquid courage.

"Sure." She wasn't as drunk as she was on the day we met, but she was at least a little tipsy, her cheeks tinted pink and her eyes a little glossy.

Before I could say that I wanted to stay behind Chaewon grabbed my hand and led me somewhere close to the centre of the floor. The amount of people we had to push past almost made me lose her in the crowd, but her grip on my hand remained tight.

Even under the coloured lights and loud bass, I could see that Chaewon was still a little wary, so I ordered a few shots for the both of us, still not enough to get drunk, but just a little extra push.

A guy approached Chaewon after she took her first shot, I couldn't clearly make out what he said but I nodded for her to go dance with him. In the meantime, I was dancing with some girl who approached me, still making sure to keep an eye on Chaewon. She's heartbroken, the last thing she needed was someone too pushy.

The blonde wrapped her arms around my neck and I reciprocated by snaking mine firmly around her waist. She pulled our bodies closer and began tugging on my ear lobe with her teeth. I looked over to Chaewon, she was on the other side of the floor, with the same guy she left with. She was dancing on him but he kept trying to forcefully grind down into her ass, we made eye contact and she shook her head as if to say he wasn't the one. I pulled the girl off of me and went to Chaewon to rescue her.

"Can I have a dance?" I interrupted the both of them and glared at the guy until he left. Chaewon smiled thankfully and took my hand to the middle of the floor again.

"Are you drunk?" I asked her, scanning the room to make sure the guy actually left.

"No. What happened to the girl you were dancing with?" Chaewon's hands wrapped around my neck as mine rested on her hips and we swayed to the music innocently.

"I don't know." I flagged down a dude to get us more shots, I can hold my liquor anyway. Before the shots could arrive, another guy approached us. Chaewon must be popular because it's barely been five minutes.

"I'm sorry, I've been watching you across the room, I was wondering if you wanted to dance." Watching her across the room? Creepy. The words came out slurred and low but before I could warn Chaewon she went ahead with him.

I went up to the brunette I've seen eyeing me all night, she could distract me until Chaewon returned. She took my hand and placed it around her waist, facing her back to my front. All I could smell was her strawberry shampoo as she grinded down into me and I guided her hips to the rhythm of the music. Her hand went behind to the nape of my neck, pulling my face down lower so I was breathing down into her ear. Her face turned to the side to connect our lips, she started sucking on my tongue immediately. She was moaning softly into my mouth and the friction was starting to make me hard, I had to remind myself I'm not here to get laid, Chaewon is.

Speaking of Chaewon, where is she? I opened my eyes, trying to locate the short Korean. There she was, across the room, making out with whoever that guy was. She was staring right at me although their lips stayed connected, her hand moved to cup his face as she pulled away. She spoke some indecipherable words, before looking back at me and shaking her head no. I whispered to the girl grinding on me that I had to leave, she slipped her phone number written on a napkin into my pocket, pulling me down by the collar for one last kiss.

I made my way to Chaewon across the room, awkwardly covering my growing erection with my hands. She looked me up and down and laughed heartily. Her cheeks were flushed red and her eyes were definitely drunk now. Her lips were glossy and swollen, it seemed the guy was good at what he did, so why did she stop?

"What's wrong? Not your type?" I gestured to the guy with a very obvious hard-on in the corner of the room.

"No. I'm kinda tired of this place, I wanna go home." Chaewon ran a hand through her messy hair, revealing a small amount of blonde underneath.

"You don't have to tell me twice."

//

please vote for this chapter !!