Chapter 2

Kazuha's POV

As the game progressed, I kept feeling my phone buzz in my back pocket. But I couldn't leave now, Yunjin brought her friend over to meet us all, so I took my phone out on Eunchae's turn and replied to Karina.

Stop blowing my phone up I cant come out for another few hours.

She replied immediately.

I don't need you to, my dads home remember? I've stopped going out since I met winter anyway.

Oh look at you in love.

So just because I don't hook up with randoms at the club anymore it means I'm in love?

Well if it means you're doing it for a girl.

Whatever, I was just going to say I need a ride to campus tomorrow.

Okay.

"Hey, no phones!" Yunjin snatched the phone from my hand and I looked up to realise everyone was waiting for me to have my turn. "I'm trying to have some quality time right now." The blonde said as she turned my phone off.

"It was just Karina." I explained, taking the dice and moving forward four spaces.

"Karina? Like Karina Yu?" I turned my eyes to examine the girl speaking. I realised I hadn't heard her voice when I introduced myself, and she didn't speak this entire time. She was cute, cute and sexy at the same time, which happened to be just my type. Her hair was short, a bob that she probably let grow too long as it rested only a little above her shoulders. It was cute. But the way she'd bleached the underneath of it, letting the blonde be visible only around her neck, was sexy.

"Yeah, Karina Yu." Yunjin answered for me, "you know her?"

"Not really me, but my friend Winter does." So she's Winter's friend, makes sense. I took another beer, squeezing the can I finished. "You're not..with Karina are you?" I looked to her face, I could tell she was just concerned for her friend but I couldn't help the loud laugh that I let out.

"No, me and Rina are strictly platonic, I swear. She's not my type anyway."

"Yes because your type is drunk women you've only met once on a night out." Eunchae muttered, taking the dice off of me with a glare.

"That's not true!" I defended myself poorly, my type was drunk women I've only met once on a night out, but was that a crime? Apparently, I'm pretty funny because all three of my friends betrayed me by bursting out in hysterical laughter. Chaewon smiled at the sight of them, and it was a very nice smile, one that makes you want to see her smile even more.

"Whatever. You guys are great friends." I rolled my eyes, pulling down my hood and running a hand through my hair.

//

The game continued for what felt like two hours, and no one bothered to check who won before we all gave up and closed the board.

"The beer is all out." Yunjin sighed, I checked my watch, 19:56.

"Someone go walk and get more," Eunchae ordered, not looking up from her phone once.