Polished Marble

Weary from your busy day, you crawl into bed hoping that sleep would grant you a bit of peace from the world's harshness

Weary from your busy day, you crawl into bed hoping that sleep would grant you a bit of peace from the world's harshness. As your eyelids grow heavy, a familiar darkness engulfs you, transporting you to a place where reality blurs and your emotions run wild. When your dream begins to unfold- its colors swirling like watercolors on a canvas- haunting memories emerge like ghosts from the past trying to stir a whirlwind of sadness, fear, and anger within you.

Taiju's residence stands as a shining symbol of his power and influence in his gang, the Black Dragons. Right in the heart of the city's underworld, the huge building grabbed the attention with its size and intimidating presence from all who walked by. 

The exterior exuded an aura of danger with graffiti-covered walls and boarded-up windows hinting at an explosive existence within. The entrance, always guarded by huge burly men, served as a gateway to a place where rules were always dictated by strength and loyalty. The heavy iron door, adorned with intricate engravings, gave an air of secrecy, hiding the inner workings of Taiju's world. 

Inside, the lavishness of the residence stood in complete contrast to the exterior. Beautiful chandeliers cast a warm glow over the polished marble floors, reflecting the wealth collected through illicit means. Gold mirrors adorn the walls, reflecting back the distorted images of a twisted reality. Beautiful, expensive furniture invites guests to sink into the comfort while engaging in secret meetings and whispers echo in hushed tones, cautious words exchanged between those who were allies or potential adversaries.

The air is heavy with the scent of cigars and the presence of power while the atmosphere is laced with an undercurrent of tension- an unspoken reminder of the violence that permeates every corner of the residence. For this is a place where fear mingles with ambition, where your brother holds court over his domain. The walls hear witness to the unspeakable acts and hide the echoes of abuse lingering.

To you, it was a golden cage, trapping you within its confines.

Standing before you, your twin brother paces back and forth, his sharp gaze piercing the air with anger and frustration. His presence exudes power, his leadership with the notorious gang granting him an air of invincibility but behind his facade of influence and wealth, the true nature of your family's life unravels- a life tainted by abuse and violence.

The argument you were having with him escalated, the tension thickening with each passing moment. Taiju's voice booms across the room, his words like venomous arrows aimed straight at your head. But you stand your ground, not ready to give in to him this time like you've done in the past.

"Taiju, this has to stop," you say with a steady voice. "We can't continue living like this. You are tearing this family apart!"

"So what?" Taiju's face twists into that of rage, his clenched fists trembling at his sides. "You think you can just walk away? Abandon your own family?" he spits, his words laced with venom.

Fear mixed with determination courses through your body as you face your abuser head-on. The love for your two younger siblings fuels your courage, as they always have, pushing you to protect them no matter what. "I can't let you hurt them anymore," you say. "We deserve better. Yuzuha, Hakkai, and I deserve better."

Leaving is the only way to break free from the vicious cycle that has trapped you with him for the past eighteen years and every word you say solidifies your decision even more. It was a difficult decision, you've thought about it for years, but deep down you know it's right.

As your argument reaches its climax, Taiju's anger erupts into a violent outburst. He lunges towards you, his hand raised, ready to strike. But in that moment, instead of standing there to take it like you usually do, for your younger sister and brother's sake, you turn around and quickly grab Yuzuha and Hakkai's hands and walk off. The resounding thud shook the room as Taiju's fist collided with the wall, leaving a shattered picture frame in its wake.

"Enough!" you shout. "We're leaving right now."

Without packing your things, you begin to lead Yuzuha and Hakkai out of the mansion, leaving behind your life of privilege and pain. The chill of the outside world embraces your skin, a complete contrast to the suffocating atmosphere you just left behind.

As the three of you walk hand in hand you can't help but feel a mixture of apprehension and relief. You could see doubt flicker in Yuzuha's eyes, too, uncertainty clouding her features. She then turns to you, her voice tinged with worry.

"Y/N?" she calls to you. "Was that really the right decision? I mean, we left there with none of our stuff..."

You pause for a moment, gazing into her eyes. Yeah, it might've been smart to grab a few of your things before you walked out, but you can't go back now. "Yeah," you then tell her. "We're taking control of our own lives, this is good for us. We'll be okay."

Hakkai, observant of your hesitation, squeezes your hand. "Thank you, Y/N," he whispers, his voice barely above a breath. "Thank you for giving us that chance to get out of there."

You smile softly as the city stretches out before you like a symbol of infinite possibilities. No longer are you chained to that prison you left behind. You are free. With determination coursing through your veins.

Days quickly turn into weeks, and weeks turn into months. The three of you form a tightly knit bond as a shield against the adversities of the world. And together, you navigate through the challenges of finding a place to live, employment, and rebuilding your lives from scratch.

In the small apartment you now call home, the walls whisper stories of survival. It may not be grand or opulent like your former mansion, but it held a comfort that none of Taiju's money could buy. Each worn piece of furniture and crack in the paint serves as a reminder of the battles you had fought together and the strength that kept you going.

Late at night, the three of you gather around the worn-out couch, your siblings' faces illuminated by the glow of a single lamp. Conversations meandered from memories of the past to dreams of the future. Yuzuha, with her everpresent optimism, shared tales of her ambitions while Hakkai, with a newfound glimmer in his eyes, talked about how excited he was to go to college in a few years and the dreams he dared to chase.

As you listened to their hopes and dreams, a sense of pride welled inside of you. Despite the hardships and scars you carried, you have created a safe environment where love and support could thrive, shielding your siblings from the traumas of their past. And in their eyes, you can see the reflection of your own courage.

In that small, humble space, you vowed to yourself that you'd always protect the two of them- to be the pillar of strength they needed. No matter what challenges lay ahead, you were always determined to overcome them together.