62 | Best For You

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Unconditionally will be wrapping up soon, but it's a part of a series, so there's much more to come, In Sha Allah!

It has been a wonderful journey. Thank you all for giving so much love to this book (and my other works, of course)!

FUN FACT: In the last chapter, I originally wrote that Yasin got married to Saba behind everyone's backs. But that would have been majorly uncharacteristic, so I edited it.

ALSO, I'm going to be dropping a MAJOR HINT in this chapter about the upcoming book(s), so keep your eyes peeled. I won't tell you what it is, nor will I confirm who is right or wrong...this is all I can say...THERE WILL BE A HINT! 

*

Yasin

My parents had made a decision without much argument: I wasn't ready for marriage. I had accepted that decision, albeit with a heavy heart.

But then Saba had messaged me and told me that her Nikah date was set for June, after we had finished our first year. And it had broken me from the inside. I had been unable to do anything for her. I knew my parents wouldn't understand me; they still considered me a stupid little kid who didn't know anything. So I went to my Bhai, the one who had always fought for me and my rights to be independent.

I stood on the threshold of his home, a backpack on my back and a small trolley bag by my side. "Bhai, can I stay here with you for a while?" I was in internal pain, but I couldn't even understand why. All I knew was that I needed someone understanding to reassure me. Bhai had always made me feel like I could turn to him for everything, and therefore here I was.

"Of course, Yas." A worried frown appeared on his face.

Unable to help myself, I threw my arms around him. 

"Yas..." 

"I don't k-know what I'll do if she gets married and goes away." I felt tears in my eyes.

He stroked the back of my head, wordlessly. 

"I want her to have all the happiness, Bhai. I cannot bear the thought of her being unhappy." A hiccup escaped my mouth. 

I had no idea why I was feeling so strongly, but I hated how much my heart ached. 

*

Anabia

"I'm so excited! It's your Reem Khalla's rukhsati today!" I spoke to my daughters as I got ready. "I'm so excited!" 

I was wearing a red shalwar kameez suit, with small sequins over the kameez and silver-gold embroidery on the neckline. The shalwar had a lace border on the ends, and the sheer sleeves of the kameez also had lace. The dupatta was see-through with a silver-gold border on the shorter ends, and a lace border on the longer edges that also had some sequins dotting it. I paired the outfit with golden high-heel sandals that I'd brought in Pakistan. I pulled my hair back away from my face with pins, leaving it to flow down my back.