33 | Revelations

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Third Person POV

FLASHBACK

"Kyun daant rahe hain bechare ko?" A hassled Khadija came into the living upon hearing her five-years-old son cry.

*"Why are you telling the poor guy off?"

"He needs to stay in his limits." Zohaib glared at Saim, who had run up to his mother, wrapping his little arms around her leg.

"He didn't do anything! I did it!" Anabia spoke up, defending her twin.

"You don't need to lie for him, Anabia." Zohaib's tone softened. "I know that Saim loves to annoy me."

"I am the one who scribbled in your work notebook, Papa." Anabia shook her head. "I promise." 

"They are five, Zohaib. I told you to leave your important documents and things out of their reach." Khadija sighed.

"Why doesn't Anabia get told off, only me?" Saim sobbed.

Khadija looked at her husband, wordlessly daring him to honestly answer that question.

"Anabia, don't ever touch my things again!" Zohaib told his daughter off, but with less than half the volume and rage than the one directed at Saim. Shaking his head, Zohaib left and soon the front door loudly slammed behind him.

"Mama." Saim looked at his mother with tears in his eyes.

Khadija crouched down in front of her little boy, rubbing away his tears with her thumbs. "It's okay, my chanda. Papa hain, kabhi kabar daant dete hain. Koi baat nahin. Bohat pyar karte hain woh aap se, meri jaan."

*"He's your father, and he sometimes tells you off. It's ok. He loves you a lot, my life."

"He doesn't tell Ana off the way he tells me off." Saim's small heart couldn't handle this partiality.

Khadija didn't know how to tell him this without seeming unfair. Yes, Zohaib was softer towards Anabia, but how would her five-years-old son understand the reasoning behind that? She decided to divert his attention instead. "Do you want Papa to yell at Anabia the way he just yelled at you?"

Saim looked at his twin sister and immediately shook his head. "No."

"I know it's not fair, baby boy. And I'm sorry that you experienced it." Khadija said, gently. "But just think that your parents, even when they are angry, would never want what's bad for you. We get angry, and sometimes we shout, but my darling little boy, we just want to make you realise the difference between right and wrong. It's wrong to write on Papa's work things, right, Anabia?" She held out her other arm for her daughter, who walked closer.

"Yes, Mama." Anabia nodded. She reached out to grab Saim's hand. "I'm sorry you got in trouble because of me."

"It's okay. I would be angry if he yells at you." Saim replied, softly.

Khadija kissed her son's forehead, then her daughter's. She didn't like it either when Zohaib yelled at Saim. Her son was a good little boy who understood when he was spoken to with love; yelling was completely unnecessary. And yet, Zohaib always lost his patience with him, whereas Anabia got away for the same thing.

Maybe that's why, even though Khadija adored her twins equally, she had just a little bit softer spot for Saim. 

*