9 | Threat

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Anabia

"You are not going anywhere until we talk."

I was just gathering my things to go to the parlour to prepare for our Valima, when Rehan's voice had made me stop. "Nina Aunty will be here soon."

"I will ask her to wait for a while." He walked over to me and grabbed me by the elbow, gently. "Anya, what's wrong? Why were you crying?"

My mother had always told me that I had created such fictional, fantastical scenarios in my head that it would negatively impact my reality, if I were not careful. Maybe I had not listened to her. Maybe I had been under the delusion that what Rehan and I had was real, true love. And in reality, it was just me being an overexcited fangirl. It was just my wishful thinking making me feel that I loved him

I looked up at him. "Do you trust me?" 

"What kind of a question is that? Of course, I do, Anya. I married you. Isn't that enough to show that I trust you?" His voice was gentle as he placed a hand on my cheek.

"Do you believe that I really love you? That I'm not just living out my fangirl fantasies or something?" 

"Fangirl fantasies?" He actually looked amused.

"You are my favourite author. I have admired your work for years now. And now suddenly, we're both in love and married? It seems like something my mind has conjured up. Am I in love or am I just fangirling over the fact that we're married?" I started blabbing to myself, pacing around the room.

"And what made you question our entire relationship?" 

I looked at him in disbelief. A corner of his mouth was lifted up in a small smile. "Rehan..."

"Seriously, Anya. What gave you the idea that our whole marriage is a fanfiction?" 

The text from a random, unknown number.

<Unknown: I know why you married him, you gold-digging b***h. That's all people like you can do, lure famous people in for fame. Use them, get the fame and then leave them. I see right through you.>

Ugh, what am I thinking?

"So, are you saying, that if I wasn't your favourite author, there is no way that you could have fallen in love with me? I have no other such qualities for you to love me?" He crossed his arms over his chest.

"When did I say that?" I was bewildered.

"You did. According to you, the only reason you are here with me right now is because you are ecstatic over the fact that we're married. That our feelings for each other are all just a part of an illusion."

"Not your feelings! Mine!" I held up both hands, not even knowing how this argument ever made sense to me.

"Care to explain?" 

I sighed and unlocked my phone. Opening the not-yet-deleted text message, I held it up for him to see.

"Who the f**k sent you this?" He looked furious as he read the message. Then his fiery gaze turned to me. "And you believed this?"

"Rehan..."

"You are doubting yourself over a text from an unknown sender?" 

"I..." I had no idea how to reply to that.