34 | Birthday

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Ramadan Mubarak to everyone! This will be my final chapter before Ramadan, and I will be going on a break till after Eid, In Sha Allah!

*

OCTOBER

Anabia

I lightly placed my hand over my stomach, smiling. I was approaching the end of my first trimester, and the baby bump was starting to become prominent.

It was a warm day in general, but as the breeze blew it create chilliness in the air, making me grateful for the sweater that I was wearing.

My parents-in-law were away in Scotland for work- well Aunty had work, and Uncle had accompanied her-and we were having a little birthday weekend get together. Saim and I had booked leave in advance, and he and Laila were spending the weekend here with me, Rehan and Yasin. Hareem also stopped by on a daily basis, because my birthday was also incomplete without her. While our actual birthday was on Sunday-and my parents-in-law were going to be returning in time to celebrate it-we were using this time to just have fun together, and it truly was great being together like this.

"You can do better than that, Salay Sahab." Rehan grinned at my brother, as they played football. 

Today Josie and Faisal had joined us as well, and while Josie sat with me, Laila and Hareem, the guys were playing football together- much to Yasin's delight.

"Let him win today, man. He's going to be the birthday boy tomorrow." Faisal laughed. He and Rehan were on the same team, playing against Yasin and Saim.

"No, sorry. I'm not that generous." Rehan said as he suddenly kicked the ball straight away from right in front of my twin, and heading towards the 'goal'. 

"I'm not five, man. I don't need victory to be handed to me on a plate." Saim grumbled, chasing after Rehan.

"Saim is too adorable, Ma Sha Allah." Laila said, fondly.

"He's hilarious because he gets very competitive, and then he sulks when he loses." I giggled.

"Whose side are you on, Anabia?" Josie asked me.

"I'm on Team-Whoever-Wins." I shrugged. "I win either way, anyway. They are both my other halves, in completely different ways." 

"Anabia is smart, Ma Sha Allah." Laila smiled.

"Well...that's an debatable statement, Laila." Hareem winked at me.

Josie and Laila laughed, and I made a face at my so-called best friend as I ate some crisps.