CHAPTER 24

EDITED

Cassie arrived at Remus and Sirius' house with excitement. She missed her Mommy and Daddy but was happy to spend the week with her other dads. As soon as she stepped into the house, the triplets ran up to her, hugging her tightly.

"Cassie! Cassie! You're here!" exclaimed the triplets, jumping up and down.

"Hey, guys!" Cassie said, returning their hugs. "I missed you so much."

"We missed you too, Cassie," said the triplets in unison.

Remus and Sirius smiled at seeing their daughter and the triplets playing together. They knew that Cassie needed this time with her siblings, and they were happy to see her so happy.

Later that night, after a fun day of playing and adventures, Remus and Sirius tucked Cassie into bed.

"Goodnight, my little moonbeam," said Remus, kissing Cassie on the forehead.

"Sleep tight, my Cassie-girl," added Sirius, kissing her other cheek.

"I love you both," Cassie said, snuggling under the covers.

"We love you more," said Remus and Sirius in unison before turning off the lights and closing the door.

Cassie's peaceful slumber was interrupted by a vivid and unsettling nightmare. She tossed and turned, feeling a sense of fear and loneliness in her dream. Suddenly, she woke up, tears streaming down her face, her heart pounding.

Remus and Sirius were instantly alert, sensing their daughter's distress. They hurriedly made their way to Cassie's room, finding her sitting up in bed, trembling.

"Cassie, sweetheart, what's wrong?" Remus asked concern etched on his face.

"I... I had a bad dream, Moomy," Cassie said, her voice trembling.

Sirius sat down on the edge of the bed, wrapping his arms around Cassie. "It's okay, my little star. We're here with you. You're safe."

Cassie leaned into her dads' comforting embrace, feeling their warmth and love surrounding her. She sniffled, wiping away her tears.

"I dreamt that we got separated, and I couldn't find you anymore," Cassie whispered, her voice filled with fear.

Remus gently stroked her hair, soothing her. "Oh, sweetheart, we will never let that happen. We'll always be right here for you, no matter what."

Sirius pressed a soft kiss to Cassie's forehead. "You're our brave little girl, Cassie. We'll always be together as a family. Remember, we'll protect you."

Cassie nodded, taking deep breaths to calm herself down. She felt safe and loved in her dads' arms, knowing that they would always be there for her.

"Can... can I sleep with you tonight?" Cassie asked, her voice barely a whisper.

"Of course, darling," Remus replied, his voice gentle. "We'll stay with you all night."

Sirius shifted to make room, and Cassie snuggled in between her dads. They wrapped their arms around her, providing comfort and security. As Cassie drifted back to sleep, she felt the reassuring presence of her family, knowing that she was never alone.

In the warmth of their embrace, Cassie found solace, her fears fading away. She knew her dads would always be there to protect and love her, no matter what nightmares might come her way.

***

As the morning sunlight gently filtered through the curtains, Cassie stirred from her peaceful sleep. Slowly, she opened her eyes and realized something was different. She felt the weight of not just her dads' arms around her but also the presence of her triplet siblings.