chapter 12

EDITED

James, Sirius, Mila, Peter, and Remus were all gathered at the entrance to Hogwarts, their arms full of bags and babies. Cassie and Archie were wide-eyed and curious as they looked around, taking in all the sights and sounds of the bustling crowd.

"Alright, everyone got everything?" asked James, looking around at the group. "We don't want to forget anything."

"Yep, got it all," said Sirius, holding up his overstuffed bag.

Mila and Peter nodded in agreement, their arms full of their own bags and baby supplies.

Remus looked down at Cassie and Archie, ensuring they were securely fastened in their baby carriers. "Alright, let's get going. We don't want to miss the train."

As they made their way through the crowds, people stopped to coo at the babies, making them giggle and smile. James and Sirius took turns entertaining them with silly faces and funny noises. At the same time, Mila and Peter carried the heavier bags and supplies.

When they finally reached the platform, they sighed in relief. "Made it," said Peter, wiping the sweat from his brow.

The group found a compartment near the front of the train, settling in for the long journey home. Cassie and Archie were content playing with their toys and gazing out the window at the passing scenery.

As the train chugged along, James, Sirius, Peter, and Remus reminisced about their time at Hogwarts, swapping stories and laughing about the silly pranks they had pulled.

Mila watched them fondly, happy to be a part of their group. She looked down at Cassie and Archie, feeling grateful for the bond they had formed as a makeshift family.

As the train pulled into the station, they all stood up, gathering their bags and babies. "Well, another year at Hogwarts done," said Remus, smiling.

"Yeah, but we'll be back next year," said Sirius, grinning. "And who knows what kind of trouble we'll get into then."

The group laughed as they made their way off the train and started on their way back home, ready for the summer ahead.

***

As James, Sirius, Mila, Peter, Remus, Cassie, and Archie made their way through the bustling crowds at King's Cross Station, they couldn't help but feel a sense of sorrow that the school year was over. But they also felt relieved that they could finally relax and spend quality time with their families and loved ones.

Suddenly, they heard a commotion and turned to see James's parents, Mia and Fleamont, running towards them. They were beaming with joy and excitement to see their son and Sirius, whom they also considered their own son.

"Mum! Dad!" James exclaimed, his face lighting up with a smile as he embraced them both.

Sirius hugged them as well, grateful for their love and support over the years. "It's good to see you both," he said, smiling.

Mia hugged everyone else in the group, welcoming them back home. She then turned her attention to Cassie and Archie, who giggled and babbled happily.

"Oh, my goodness, they've grown so much!" she exclaimed, taking Cassie from Remus's arms. "I can't believe how big they are now!"

James took Mila's hand and pulled her aside. "Mila, I need to talk to you," he said, looking serious.

Mila's heart sank a little, wondering if he was going to break up with her. But then James took a deep breath and said, "I know about your situation at home. And I don't want you to go back there."