Chapter 4

EDITED

James walks downstairs, grabs Cassie as he goes and puts her in a highchair, and makes her mashed banana with a bottle.

"Okay, Cassie, here comes the airplane. Cassie, can you open up and eat the food for Daddy? Yes? Good girl."

Cassie eats the food, speaking in baby talk to James as he wipes some food and spit off her chin.

Suddenly, she looks up at him and smiles. "Dada? Wove, Dada."

James smiles and feeds her another mouthful.

"Yes, I'm dada. I love you too, little one. Your other daddies love you as well."

She laughs, and James goes to feed her another mouthful, only for her to hit away the spoon and tip the bowl all over James and herself.

Fleamont laughs, watching as James interacts with his daughter.

"Is someone being a cheeky baby? She reminds me a lot of you at her age." He sighs wistfully, "Go and put her in the bath. I'll clean up here and wake the other boys as you do, okay?" He walks past, giving James a pat on the back.

"Thanks, Dad. Love you, and I wish we didn't make a stupid drunk decision, but I really love Cassie and I wouldn't want to give her up for anything." Fleamont smiles softly at the teenager.

"I know, son. I know. You're welcome, and I love you too. Now go get her washed up. She's starting to stink." Fleamont playfully wrinkles his nose at his son and granddaughter, causing the small girl to laugh in return.

Going upstairs, he heads to Remus and Sirius' bedroom. Knocking on the door, James calls out,

"You boys decent?" He hears a noise from the other side of the door, and Remus opens it.

"Give us a second! Uh hey, James, Cassie, why are you guys covered in mashed bananas?" He raises a brow, and James chuckles.

"Well, little Cassie and I were having breakfast, and she decided after three mouthfuls, she was full and tipped her food all over us. So, Dad wanted me to wake you up on our way to the bath. Can you wake up Wormtail for us?"

Remus nods and kisses Cassie on the head, proceeding to shut the door, but James still heard the 'Wake the fuck up, Sirius,' as he goes, a smile sliding onto his face.

"Okay, Cass, do we want bubbles? Who am I kidding? Of course, we want bubbles." James sets Cassie on the counter, grabs the Johnsons' baby bubble bath from his cupboard, and pours a large amount.

"Now, you will not be having bubbles in the bath very often, okay, Cass? It's not very healthy for babies under the age of 3. So this is a once-off."

James reaches a hand into the tub to check the temperature of the bath water before he undresses Cassie, carries her to the bath, and places her down inside.

He grabs some baby shampoo and washes it into his 6-month-old's hair before grabbing the baby's body wash and gently scrubbing her body with it.

Once she's been cleaned from her earlier mess, James quickly reaches behind him, grabbing and wrapping a baby towel around Cassie before picking her up and leaving the bathroom.

He walks them over to his closet and grabs a new shirt from his wardrobe to replace the dirty one he's wearing and a clean pair of pants before putting them on and quickly grabbing a custom-made baby onesie that says, Bambi.

He suddenly feels tired from waking up 2 times; sadly, because Cassie was in an orphanage, she didn't get a proper sleep schedule, so they were trying to get her on track.

He takes Cassie to bed with him and, shortly after, falls asleep.

A soft knock is heard on the door, and the door creaks open.

Euphemia enters, looking over at her son and granddaughter with a smile before she silently steps back out, closing the door behind her again.

She walks down the stairs to the living room, and her husband looks up.

"Mia? Weren't you meant to wake up James?" she grins.

"Yes. I just came down to get my camera. The cutest moment is happening in James' room. You should come see it." She tells him, picking up her camera.

She turns and leaves without giving Fleamont a chance to answer her, so he follows after her, going up the stairs and into the teenager's room.

They look at each other, smiling as Euphemia snaps a picture of the two, the flash waking James up.

"What are you two doing? You're so creepy." Mia slaps James on the head.

"I came to wake you up because you'd been asleep for 2 hours, and Peter and Sirius are playing quidditch. Peter is doing horrible, so Sirius wanted me to come to get you. You can take Cassie with you, but I'll need to put a cushioning charm on your broom while you get the both of you dressed."

She kisses him on the head, walking out with Fleamont, shrugging and following his wife out the door.

-

After a few minutes of lazing around, James gets up and walks into his closet to get changed.

He carries Cassie into her nursery, changing her into baby Gryffindor robes, a gift from Minnie herself.

When he's got them both dressed for the day, he goes downstairs with his daughter and grabs his broom, kissing his mum on the cheek and yelling a quick thanks as he runs out the door.

"Hey man, there you are! Let me give my daughter a hug." James smiles and passes her to her other father.

"Yeah, we fell asleep after her bath. You can have her for half an hour. I wanna play a bit rough, but afterward, Mum says I can fly carefully with her. She's put a charm on my broom," He tells him before he quickly straddles his broom and flies towards Sirius as Peter flies down towards Remus, who hands him Archie. Remus releases the snitch, and the two boys fly around until Sirius spots a gold blur fly past James' ear.

Flying as fast as he can, he speeds down to the ground and grabs the snitch.

"Yes! Whoo! I won. If your face, Prongs." As this went on, Peter ran inside to get his broom charmed as well.

"Come on, Prongs. We can take the babies flying now." Remus hands James his daughter as he lands next to him, and Peter straddles his broom, taking Archie off Remus again.

The boys mess around for the next few hours, flying carefully with the babies until dark. They settle down and walk inside, handing the babies to Fleamont and Euphemia while they pack and shower.

They walk down, and the eight of them sit down and eat. After dinner, Peter and Sirius take the babies to sleep, not before James and Remus kiss their heads good night.

Remus and James sit in front of the fire, choosing to put on the Avengers, pausing it until the others get there. After they finally arrive, the boys press play watching the Avengers all night long.

After two movies, Euphemia and Fleamont say good night and head upstairs.

By 12:00 am, the four gryffindor boys in Potter Manor were fast asleep together in front of the fire.

1225 words. wow, that's the most I've written for this story so far. I'm going to try to make the chapter longer. if you're wondering, Cassie did get adopted at six months, and Archie 3 months younger than her. sorry, the update was so late tonight.