CHAPTER 14

EDITED

Under the full Moon, they start the potion. After adding the mandrake root to the brew, the group of five friends gathered around the cauldron and began to visualize the animals they wanted to transform into. Sirius and James had already decided on their animal forms - a black dog, and a stag, respectively. Mila had chosen to become a panther, her sleek and agile movements making it the perfect fit for her personality.

On the other hand, Peter struggled to conjure an image of the animal he desired to become. He closed his eyes tightly, trying to focus his thoughts on a rabbit, but his mind kept wandering. Ultimately, he only managed a vague image of a small, furry creature before opening his eyes.

"Did it work?" he asked eagerly, looking at his friends.

The others exchanged a knowing glance, and Mila spoke up. "Sorry, Peter, but you've become a rat."

Peter's face fell, disappointment etched on his features. "A rat?" he repeated, sounding dejected.

Sirius snorted. "Well, you are pretty good at scurrying around and hiding, Wormtail. It suits you."

James nudged Sirius with his elbow. "Don't be so harsh, Padfoot. We're all still getting used to this."

Remus nodded in agreement. "It's a big change, but we'll get through it together."

Peter looked up at his friends, feeling a sense of comfort from their words. "Thanks, guys," he said, a small smile on his lips.

The group stood in silence for a few moments, taking in the magnitude of their achievement. They had successfully become animagi, and the possibilities were endless.

Mila flexed her claws, feeling the power surging through her body. Sirius barked in excitement, eager to explore the world in his new form. James shook his antlers, feeling a sense of pride in his animal form. Remus closed his eyes, embracing the transformation that had once caused him so much pain.

As they left the room, each in their new animal form, Peter scampered behind them, determined to keep up. They had no idea what the future held, but they knew they would face it together, as a pack of animals and as friends.

***

The five of them woke up the next morning feeling groggy and disoriented. They looked at each other, realizing that the transformation had worked and they were now animagi.

Sirius was the first to speak. "Well, that was an interesting experience. I never knew being a dog could feel so... free."

James looked at him with a grin. "I know, right? Being a stag is pretty cool too. I feel so powerful and majestic."

Mila stretched her limbs, feeling the power of her panther body. "I've got to say, being a panther is amazing. I feel so strong and fast. It's like nothing can stop me."

Peter, on the other hand, looked nervous. "Guys, I think something went wrong with mine. I don't feel any different."

Remus looked at him sympathetically. "Peter, that's because you transformed into a rat."

Peter's face fell. "A rat? I wanted to be a rabbit."

Mila put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, Peter. Being a rat can have its advantages too. You can sneak around undetected and get into places no one else can."

Sirius chuckled. "Yeah, just don't get caught by a cat."

They all laughed, relieved that the transformation had worked and they were now animagi. But they also knew that this was just the beginning of their adventures. They had to keep their new abilities a secret and continue to learn how to control their transformations.