Chapter 26

I leaned against the back of Miguel's couch, Watching Someone stretch out Miguel's legs. 

"Let's go, Speed Racer. I'm Gonna work those Gimpy Legs like a..." Johnny walked into The apartment, Seeing The guy stretch Miguel's leg. "Rented Mule."

"Sorry. I thought you said 10:00 That you'd be alone." He apologized. 

"Sorry, my Mom gets free physical therapy from work." Miguel clarified. "This was the only time Brayden was available." 

"Mahalo." Brayden said to Johnny. Johnny just looked at him weirdly. 

"Be done soon if you wanna wait." Miguel said to Johnny and then looked at me. "I'm sorry you've had to wait so long."

"Hey, I'm just glad I get to actually see you. Even if that means watching a weird Hippie Looking dude move your legs around." I shrugged at him. 

Johnny laughed at my words, and Miguel and Carmen Gave me a serious look. 

"Now, If you're feeling any pain, hermano, let me know." Brayden said to Miguel. 

"Still no feeling whatsoever." Miguel said with a bored tone. 

"No worries." Brayden Reassured. "Positive thoughts, Remember? You're doing great." 

"Yeah, Miggy. You're doing a great job at Letting him lift your legs." I snickered. 

"Brayden is a specialist in this field. He knows what he's doing." Carmen told me.  

"Slow, Deep breaths." Brayden told Miguel, still stretching his leg. Brayden and Miguel exhaled at the same time. "inhale joy and love." 

"You gotta be shitting me?" Johnny walked forward. 

"Johnny...Can I talk to you alone please?" Carmen walked away to the kitchen. 

"Wait, don't leave me with this weird dude." I wined. 

"You'll be fine." Miguel rolled his eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We now stood outside, Brayden finally leaving. He threw his bag in the back of his car and closed the hatch. 

"Great job today, jefe." Brayden turned toward Miguel. "You crushed it." He held up his fist for a fist bump. 

Miguel Fist bumped him. "Really? It didn't feel like I did much of anything." 

"Oh, you definitely did something. You let him Move your legs. It's still something." I pay his shoulder. 

"Hey, no negative thoughts. Just positive energy." Brayden told Miguel. 

"I'll keep that in mind." Miguel nodded. 

Brayden clicked his tongue and walked to his driver-side door, leaving. 

I helped Miguel wheel Back to his apartment until a magazine was held in front of Miguel's face. 

Miguel's eyes went wide and he looked up, Finding Johnny. "What's this?"