Chapter 10

Did Miguel follow my words of advice? No. He followed Hawks instead. He texted Me, Hawk, Aisha, And Demetri and told us what happened, asking to meet at the park.

I leaned against the park bench, watching Hawk fight with a smaller kid from Cobra Kai. "Come on, eat something. It'll make you feel better." Demetri encouraged Miguel.

"I told you I'm not hungry, man." Miguel stated.

"That's exactly what a person who was hungry would say." I joked.

Demetri chuckled. " I still think you're overreacting."

"I'm not overreacting, dude. I know what I saw." He looked at Demetri. What Miguel saw was Sam and her family eating dinner with a kid he didn't know. He saw her laugh at something he was saying and immediately thought they were flirting.

"All right, so you saw her eating dinner with some chode." Hawk spun and kicked the kid in the face. "It was probably her brother or something." He walked and leaned forward against the park bench beside me. I high-fived him for kicking the kid.

"No, dude, brothers don't look at their sisters like that." Miguel turned and looked at Hawk.

"Depends on what part of the country you're in." Demetri added.

"Ew dude. That's gross." I turn and give him a disgusted look.

"Look, I just don't want what happened to Sensei to happen to me." Miguel shook his head.

"All right, so you go over to this kid and beat his ass so he doesn't have the chance." Hawk encouraged.

"You're starting to sound like me." I looked at him.

"I learned from the best." He smirked at me. I smiled and turned my head, hiding the blush that crept onto my face.

"Don't listen to Eli." Demetri told Miguel.

"It's Hawk." He corrected.

"Yeah, Whatever." Demetri shook his head. " The fact is, Sam's given you no reason not to trust her."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Miguel sighed.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"Oh, That little bitch." Aisha suddenly said, Making everybody turn to her.

"What?" I ask, moving to lean forward.

"You know that video I posted of me breaking that board?" She asked.

"Yeah." We all said.

"Look what Yasmine commented." She showed us the comment Yasmine posted that said: "Impressive... can't believe the belt made it around your waist."

"I'm Seriously gonna kick her ass." I shake my head.

"I gotta do something." She said.

"We could kidnap her and have Hawks Tattoo buddy tattoo 'bitch' on her face." I suggested. He nodded at my words. "Good idea."

"Calm down, Hawk." Demetri mocked.

"All right, I hear how you're saying it, and I don't like it." He glared.

"He wasn't even the one who suggested it." I crossed my arms.

"Wait, I got a better idea. Look." She showed us a picture of Yasmine that said she was throwing a birthday party at the canyon.

"Yasmine's throwing a birthday party at the canyon later?" Miguel asked.

"Not if we strike first." Aisha smiled.