Chapter 18

Everyone stood around the dojo in their normal clothes, expecting to go to some special training. 

Johnny then walked in, coming back from a funeral of a friend. Miguel then told us he would be back and went to talk to Johnny. 

"So, I wanted to ask you a question." Hawk suddenly said. 

"Sure, what's up?" I turned to him. 

"Do you have plans this weekend?" He stuffed his hands in his pocket.

"That's your question?" I raised my eyebrow. 

"Can you just answer the question?" He rolled his eyes. 

"No, I don't have plans this weekend. Why?" I squinted at him. 

"I wanted to see if you would go out with me." He smirked.

"Like a date?" I tilted my head.

"Yeah. It doesn't have to be a date though. It could just be two friends hanging out." He scratched his neck.

I smiled at his nervousness. "It's a date." 

"Cool." He smiled. 

"Everybody, get your gis on. Training starts in five minutes." Johnny called out.

Everybody then looked around and whispered. 

"What's wrong?" He asked everybody. 

"Nothings wrong. I just thought we were going to the woods for a special training today." Miguel said confused.

Johnny turned to Kreese and then back to us. "What's happening in the woods?" 

"Well, I thought it was a good time to separate the men from the boys." Kreese paused. "And the girls, too, I suppose."

"How?' Johnny asked. 

"Coyote Creek." He smiled. 

Johnny sighs and turns his body to face Kreese. "I'm not sure they're ready for that." 

Kreese scoffs. "Theres only one way to find out." 

"We're ready, Sensei. We wanna prove ourselves." Hawk spoke up. 

"It's up to Sensei Lawrence. If he says it's Ok, then, and only then, is it ok." Kreese shrugged.

Johnny looked between us and Kreese. 

"All right, what are you waiting for? Let's go."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everybody stood on opposite sides, wearing different colored headbands. I stood next to Hawk, wearing a red headband. 

"Gentlemen, Ladies." Kreese walked over, holding a red headband. "Welcome to coyote creek. You've been split into two teams. Red..." He stood on the red team's side, holding up his headband. "And black."

"The goal is to capture as many headbands as possible, from the other side. Today, the people across from you are not your friends. They're not your brothers. They are the enemy." He walked back to the front. "The last team standing wins."