Chapter 17

The next day we all sat around the mat again, Watching Miguel and Hawk fight. 

Miguel won the round by punching Hawk in the stomach. 

"Nice work Diaz." Johnny complimented. "Bow. Go again." He demanded. 

Suddenly the bell above the door jingled, and Daniel LaRusso stormed into the dojo. 

"The hell you think you're doing?" Johnny walked closer to him as everyone got up from the floor. 

"Like you don't know." Daniel started. 

"Take your shoes off the mat. You're disrespecting my dojo." He demanded, walking closer to him. 

"You're seriously gonna talk to me about disrespecting dojos after what you just did to mine?" He stormed closer to Johnny. 

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I didn't do anything to your dojo." Johnny squinted at him. Miguel and Hawk walked off of the mat, standing next to me. 

"Just like you didn't slug one of my employees, huh?" Daniel questioned. Johnny looked off to the side and shrugged, confirming he did. I swear he's gonna seriously get himself in serious trouble someday. 

Daniel scoffed. "You know, part of me actually felt bad for you at one point, but you made it so easy to remember who the bad guy is in all of this." He shook his head. " You call yourself a Sensei? You don't even know what a sensei is.  A sensei mentors. A sensei elevates. He doesn't teach destruction and disrespect!" He yelled, walking closer. 

"I already said I don't know what you're talking about, LaRusso." Johnny walked even closer. "And you don't know what you're talking about either." He shook his head. 

"Yeah, well, I know you don't.." Daniel paused. "You don't earn a Medal of Honor by stealing it." His voice cracked. 

"Let me tell you something about your sensei." He turned to us. " He might teach you how to fight, but he doesn't know a thing about what it takes to truly win at life." He walked backward toward the door. 

"If you want to help yourselves before it's too late, the doors of Miyagi-Do? wide open." He pointed to the door. 

"You come in here a poach my students?" Johnny walked closer again. 

"And what are you gonna do about it?" Daniel opened his arms. " You know I'm not gonna strike first." 

"Im gonna be a bigger man." He walked away backward. 

"Yeah." He nodded. "We'll see about that." He turned and left the dojo. 

One of the bigger kids grabbed their bag and followed him.

"What the hell, Chris?" The smaller one said to the bigger one.

"I never liked it here." He shrugged and walked out, a few people going with him. 

We all watched them walk out. Johnny looked almost disappointed that he had lost his students. 

"Traitors." I mumbled. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------