Chapter 12

"So you might be wondering what a team does after they win the championship. The Answer?" Aisha talks to her phone. She flips her phone to look at the table we're sitting at. "Victory Nachos!"

"Whoo!" We all cheer and clink our drinks together. 

"It was supposed to be a round of drinks, but the waitress was not feeling Hawk's fake ID." She talks to her phone again.

"Hey, don't talk about that. My parents follow you." Hawk whispered to Aisha. I chuckled at his words.

"Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Moskowitz." She apologized to her phone. "Anyways, until next time, no mercy, bitches." Aisha stopped recording and sat down next to me. 

"I gotta say, it's nice to be at a victory party." Demetri says, about to eat the covered nacho in his hands.

"Yeah, except you had absolutely nothing to do with the Victory." I take the nacho from him and shove it in my mouth.  Hawk laughed at my actions.

"I was gonna eat that." He says, crossing his arms.

I finished the nacho, swallowing the remains. "I know, that's why I took it." I grin.

"Since I had nothing to do with the victory, I consider it a belated party for the coding competition we won at computer camp. Remember?" Demetri looked at Hawk.

"Demetri and Eli binary brothers."  He sang, Moving his arm like a robot. All of us except Hawk laughed.

"Cool it with the nerd shit, huh?" Hawk whispered to him.

"Hey, where's Miguel? His wings are getting cold." Moon asked. I turned and looked at Miguel who was sulking at a table by himself, looking at his phone.

I got out of the booth, politely asking Aisha if she could slide out. Me and Hawk went over to the Table Miguel was sitting at. 

"Yo, Miggy. What are you doing here all by yourself? You should be celebrating. You won the tournament." I slid onto the seat across from him, hawk standing next to me.

"She blocked me." Miguel put his phone down and looked at the table.

"So, what happens when you get blocked? You counter-punch. Except maybe don't actually hit her this time." Hawk laughed. 

I hit his arm. "Dude."

"What? Too soon?" He looked at me. " Look, all I'm saying is don't give up." He looked back to Miguel. I nodded at his words.

"It's no use. I blew any shot I had with her." Miguel shrugged.

"Just give her some time. She'll come around. " I grabbed his shoulder. 

"Or she won't." Hawk added. "You're the champ now. You can get any chick in the Valley you want. Your like Drake." He chuckles. " Enjoy it." He patted Miguel on the back and walked back to our table. 

"I'm not sure I wanna be Drake." Miguel looked at me.

"Don't worry. You definitely aren't." We laughed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood at the strip mall, scrolling on my phone waiting for Hawk and Miguel to show up. They rode up on their scooters, stopping and putting them up. 

I walked up to them. "Finally. I was waiting for like five years." 

Hawk rolled his eyes and threw his arm around my shoulder, making me walk with him. "So I get my license next week."