Chapter 22

Heartbroken...Devastated...Grief. Those were the only emotions I felt. Even if Miguel wasn't gone, it definitely felt like he was. Miguel was in the hospital fighting for his life, and I couldn't do anything about it.  I couldn't visit him,  I couldn't call him, I couldn't text him. Nothing. 

I completely isolated myself from the outside world. I didn't go to karate. I didn't go and hang out with friends. I stayed in my bed, curled up in a ball. Hawk came over to my house every day, forcing me to eat and actually take care of myself. He also informed me that Johnny was no longer in charge of Cobra Kai, and Kreese had taken over. Aisha's parents moved her to Santa Barbra. They wanted to move away from all of the Karate nonsense. 

School was to resume Tomorrow, Which means I had to remove myself from my house and actually go. Hawk came over early in the morning and forced me out of my bed.  He dragged me down the stairs and forced me to eat something. 

"You have to eat something." He pushed the bowl of cereal closer to me. 

"I'm not hungry." I pushed the bowl away. 

He sighed and moved to stand next to me. "Listen, I know this is hard. But you are going to get through this. Miguel will be okay." He took my hands and forced me to stand up. 

"But what if-" He cut me off by pulling me into a quick kiss. 

"Listen to me. Miguel will be okay. He's not going to go down without a fight." He held my face in his hands. "Now, Can you please eat? I can't have you dying on me." 

I gave him a small smile. "Fine." 

"Thank you." He smiled. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We walked up to the school, Seeing the new security system. They were now checking everybody's bags, and scanning them with a wand. They were obviously taking extra precautions. 

Hawk went first, Letting them search his bag and scan him with the wand. He stood by and waited for me to be searched. They quickly searched my bag and scanned me with the wand, finding nothing. When I walked up to Hawk he quickly threw his arm around my shoulders, not letting me look at the staircase. He dragged me with him, walking up to the Cobra Kais.

"Hey, Look who it is." They pulled me into a hug. 

"Hey, Guys." I gave them a fake smile. I wanted nothing more than to be back in my bed. 

Hawk pulled me away. "Okay, give her some space." 

We saw Demetri and his friends from Miyagi-Do and quickly walked over to them. 

"Got something to say?" Shit breath said to his former friend. 

"Yeah. Check out my new Lit book." He pulled out his hardcovered school book. "A lot of hard-hitting shit in here." Shit Breaths face quickly fell. "Y'know what I mean?" He referred to the school fight when he hit him in the face with his book. 

"All this security isn't enough to protect your scrawny ass." Hawk threatened Demetri. 

"I don't need security." Demetri told him. 

"Everything all right here?" Counselor Blatt walked over.

"Oh, we're all buddies here." Demetri walked over to me and Hawk, throwing his arms around our shoulders. "Isn't that right, fellas?" 

"Yeah." Hawk hit his chest and rubbed his back. 

"Don't you all have somewhere to be?" She looked at us seriously. 

"Yes, Counselor Blatt." I nodded and threw Demetri's arm off of me, going to walk to my first period. 

I quickly walked to the staircase Since my first class was that way. As soon as I walked up to them, I immediately remembered Miguel falling down them. 

Crack

The sound rang through my ears like it just happened. Hawk then walked next to me and threw his arm around my shoulder. 

"Come on. I'll take you to first period." He started walking with me up the stairs. "If you ever want to go home, we can always just ditch and I'll take you home." 

"I wouldn't offer that if I were you." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a very short chapter. The episode didn't have many scenes I could fit Olivia into.