Chapter 11

Today was the day of the All Valley Under 18 Karate Tournament. I was totally gonna kick ass today. All of us stood by the entrance doors, waiting for sensei to show up so we could sign up.

Miguel angrily punched the air, obviously upset over Sam breaking up with him."Yo, Miguel, calm down, man. Save some for the tournament." Hawk stared at him.

After the events at the part, I was trying to avoid Him as much as I could. It obviously wasn't going well, seeing as we were in the same dojo. So the best I could do was just ignore him when I could.

Miguel glared over at Him and continued to punch the air. "Hey, don't even bother." Aisha tapped him on the arm. "He's been super aggro ever since the breakup."

"Where's Sensei? The tournament's gonna start soon." He turned and asked me. 

"He'll show up. He wouldn't just ditch something this important." I shook my head.

"I don't know about that." Bert added. 

"What are you talking about?" Aisha asked.

"I saw him last night at the mini-mall. I was buying a carton of milk.." He paused. "...When I heard him in the parking lot, yelling. He was peeing on his car and then he yelled about how we're all gonna die."

"Why didn't you tell us this earlier?" Aisha asked.

"I don't know why you guys are so surprised. He always gets drunk and does something stupid." I shrugged.

"Exactly. It didn't seem like that big a deal." Bert agreed.

"Well, we're here, and he's not. So it's officially a big deal." Hawk glared at Bert.

"Hey, Leave him alone. He did nothing wrong." I pushed him back with my arm and glared back.

"What if something happened to him?" He pushed my arm away.

"Like what?" Bert asked.

"Like he drove his car off a cliff, or bought a gun and blew his brains out." He shrugged.

"He might be stupid, but he's not that stupid." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. That's too pussy a move." Aisha nodded. Miguel stopped punching the air and looked at us.

"Whatever. I mean, we're here. We're gonna have to do it without him." Hawk said, making Miguel look down and shake his head.

"Do what without me?" Johnny suddenly appeared.

"Johnny boy!" I gestured to him.

"Don't ever call me that again." He glared at me. I rolled my eyes.

"We didn't think you were gonna show up." Hawk said.

"I may not always win, but I never back out of a fight." Johnny looked at him.

"All right. Let's sign up."  Miguel raised his arms.

"Not yet." He looked around at all of us. "There's one more lesson I have to teach you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------