six

Schlatt

     We all sat in a booth together, me and Sid on one side and the kids on the other

     We all sat in a booth together, me and Sid on one side and the kids on the other. Our orders were already taken so we kinda just sat in awkward silence, the twins drawing on the coloring sheets provided for kids, Ester on her phone, Sid was looking around and I was watching her do it. I looked to the condiments in the center of the table when she turned her head to me though.

The twins had both ordered waffles, Ester ordered liberty bagels, finally, Sid and I both ordered pancakes. I could tell she was pissed at the fact that we had continued to match, it still shocked me that I could now see the angry face she made when I was in her presence, it was cute.

When the food arrives a plate is placed in front of each one of us with our respective orders amazingly presented on the clean glass. But one order wasn't right, Sidney's pancakes had instead been bacon and eggs. "Thank you" she looks up at the waiter and watches as he walks away.

I glance at her, sensing her discomfort, the twins and Ester had already started eating their orders that were correct.

Sidney sighs, unraveling her fork and knife from the napkin. I rolls my eyes, annoyed by how upset she looked. I grab her plate without saying anything, switching it with my plate that had the pancakes I wanted on top of it.

She lifts her head from the pancakes that were now in front of her, staring at me as I angrily ate the eggs off the plate. I was angry at myself, why had I given up my favorite diners pancakes for this girl who wasn't even nice to me?

"Thanks.." she mutters. I pause, my eyes turning to her for a spilt second to see her cutting the pancakes, taking a bite. I look down at my eggs and bacon.

I smile. "No problem Syd.."

Once we finish eating, I take out my wallet to pay. "I'll pay guys, don't worry" I grin, because today I was Jeremy, rich, lovable, Jeremy.

"Okay" Sid hides her wallet back in her pocket. "Thanks"

"Well.. you were supposed to fight back, but alright" I look down at her, she scoffs and elbows my side, to me, we felt like friends.

After I pay for the food we all go to the car, I get in the driver's seat and look to my right, expecting Sid to be there.. but instead it was Ester.

"Sid let me sit here!" She smiles at me and buckles her seatbelt.

"..okay" I hum, staring into my rear view mirror, I make eye contact with Sid, she looks away from me and glares out her window. "So..! Where are we headed now?" I smile at the group.

"Tyler's house!" One of the twins cheer, they weren't individually introduced so I really had no idea which one was Henry and which one was Harrison.

"Tyler? Who--" I stop myself when I remember who he was, my hands subtly grip the wheel tighter. "Oh! Tyler, yeah.. can.. Sid, can you put his address in the GPS?" I take my phone from my pocket, passing it back to her.