Chapter 32

Mew

It seemed to be a signature like any other. A white paper turned into a legitimate document thanks to the seal of the Thai Royal Family made it something sacred, but it was the same signature. The one he had practiced with his mother for as long as he could remember, and the one his father helped perfect once he was of considerable age.

H.R.H. Mew Suppasit Jongcheveevat.

Bright had insisted that protocol be followed. Together with Win, the alphas had constructed the decree which, at that moment, Mew was signing with the confidence that it would signify the end of the impending war.

His whole heart was set on such a solution: to bring guards to preserve order in the Kingdom; sages to help rebuild the social fabric, and doctors to be attentive to any emergency that might arise.

It seemed a golden plan.

Or at least that's what Mew was convinced of.

Gulf was not at his side. Since waking up, the prince had decided to let his omega recover from what had been the most arbitrary and hasty decision of his life: to mark him.

He saw him there, sleeping peacefully with his neck exposed, a sight that became tantalizing to him but his guilt kept him from enjoying the moment.

He knew that for the omega there was no greater commitment on the part of the alpha than to share a bond. Marking it, claiming it, and making it his own was a kind of requirement that everyone had to fulfill for their partner to feel secure.

Truth be told, what alpha wouldn't want to be one hundred percent tied to their omega?

But Mew knew that deep down he hadn't acted out of this visceral need to make the world see that Gulf was his. There was something else he disliked, something his gut told him he had to do. An obligation to keep his omega safe...and perhaps, his puppy.

He had not consulted with Min, who according to Palace servitude had received the errand, nor had he consulted with another Palace physician. There was no need, but the prince wanted to make sure.

Gulf's scent had changed and seemed to be a mix between his own, chocolate and mint, and the always delicious scent of orange with jasmine.

His omega was pregnant.

Suddenly images of Gulf lying under an orange tree, his bulging tummy on display, flashed through his mind. It was subtle, not erotic at all but rather the opposite: an image that Mew adored and would surely bring to life once his omega's abdomen grew. It was there when a very delicate tingle settled in his stomach making Mew pay more attention to it than he should.

A small smile settled on his lips. It was mark taking effect. It was the bond finally manifesting.

Mew, Mew, Mew, Mew, Mew. Love.

Mew gasped.

"Are you all right, Mew?" Bright looked at him with confusion.

"I'm perfect" the boy replied, returning to his thoughts.

Those were certainly not his thoughts. At this point, the prince knew that his omega would need help to handle this new way of communicating, so he had to hurry his royal duties to make way for his pending mate.

See you in our room, Mew thought, letting his omega know that they would be meeting soon. He didn't wait for a reply as he was sure Gulf had understood him.

***

The alpha's hands rested on the omega's soft almost-flat tummy. It was not yet as bulging as in his thoughts, but his puppy was already on his way. It was there, and for the prince, it was like brushing against glory.