Chapter 24

The murmurs did not wait. The look of confusion among the Noblemen was shared, but Mew only got caught up in the King's bewilderment.

"What motivated you to request that, Your Highness?" asked one of them.

"You see, my omega and I have only known each other for a short time. As I mentioned before, he was a commoner before he became my fiancé, so I intend to give him more time to explore the obligations he must undertake once we are married."

Mew tried to bite his tongue at that moment remembering how conservative The Noblemen were. However, he let it out.

>>> Furthermore, we are in the 21st century, gentlemen. Don't you think that my omega and I are the only ones to decide when and how we will get married?

Another round of murmurs rippled through the room, ones that were mixed with squeals of offense and bewilderment.

I owe it to Grace, he thought. I do it for Gulf.

"Are you sure that's the main reason?" exclaimed a very familiar voice: Boom.

"What do you mean, Noble Boom?" another of the Nobles asked.

"Well, it doesn't take a brain to know that surely that omega has convinced His Highness to postpone the wedding."

"How dare you, Boom!" Mew exclaimed.

At that moment he felt his mouth itch and a familiar warmth began to rise on his spine. Control yourself, Supsid, Mew asked his wolf who was already threatening to leave.

"I dare, Your Highness because I know perfectly well the kind of alpha you are, " the beta replied.

"From experience, I know you would never give up your long-awaited marriage for anything in the world, much less when everyone agrees to the merger."

>>>Do you think I'm stupid, Mew?

At the mention of his name, some exclamations were heard on the site. However, nothing stopped that Beta who wanted to take his point of view for granted:

"I'm sure that omega just wanted to live the high life here in the Palace. He entered, he seduced you, and now that he knows that being part of the Royal Family is not like in the fairy tales he is looking for an escape. Ha! So predictable.

>>>Does nobody notice things? First is the wedding date, the next thing he will say is that he does not want to have heirs. We cannot let the future of our Kingdom be in the hands of that detestable being!"

"Boom..." Mew's nostrils flared with the passing of the seconds. The more he listened to the Beta talk, the more tremors occurred in his body.

"I have to admit that I share some of the concerns of the Nobleman Boom."

That voice made Mew turn his face towards it.

"If Your Highness is honest with us, could you assure us that none of this will happen? That is, is your omega aware that his obligation as Kingdom Moon is to give heirs to the crown?"

The prince clenched his hands trying to control his wolf. He wanted to snarl in that simpleton Nobleman's face, bite and drag him for even questioning his omega's commitment. However, he had to maintain his composure: it was his duty as part of the Royal Family.

"I can assure you, Nobleman Turbo."

The Nobleman nodded: "Okay."

"See?! That's what I mean. They are all stupid!"

Boom's voice rang in the ears of the alpha, whose attempt to keep his temper in check was still having a hard time.

"Why should we accept it?" the Beta continued. "Only because he is the prince's soulmate? It's an abomination! A male omega, we have never seen anything like it."