Chapter fourteen

Gulf

Gulf shifted uncomfortably as they advanced along the road that connected the village of Chiang Mai -of unsurpassed beauty and wealth- to the modest but equally beautiful village of Mae Hong Son. Inside, the omega still felt unworthy of being the one chosen by the prince to be by his side, and enjoying such beauty only made his heartburn.

What if in the end it's not me? He wondered over and over. Maybe you should stop worrying and enjoy yourself, he answered himself.

Releasing a deep sigh, the boy decided to put his worries aside and savor the kind of freedom he had with Mew. He began by thanking the Moon Goddess for the opportunity to be able to know more than the four walls of his room in Thonburi and able to have someone like His Highness as his alpha.

Mew, my Mew.

Gulf cleared his throat. However, as his eyes rested on the figure in front of him, on the perfectly sculpted masculine jaw of the prince and his features that seemed to have been carved by the Moon Goddess, the boy could not help but lose himself in every detail of his alpha.

Mew is beautiful, he thought. For Gulf, beauty was a complicated subject to digest, because although his sister and mother assured him that he was pretty, he could never feel comfortable in his own skin. However, he liked being pretty to the most important people in his life.

"Now I get it," Mew blurted out. Gulf looked at him puzzled, unashamed to continue to search the prince with his eyes. "Now I understand why you didn't want to go to your villa."

"Oh," Gulf said. The omega cleared his throat.

"I can guess that it was difficult to be the only omega man, but if we add to that what you've told me..."Mew didn't finish the sentence.

Instead, he shifted his position and prostrated himself beside the omega. "You are very brave, Gulf."

A soft red tinted the boy's cheeks.

"I can't believe you've been through all of that, but I promise you'll never experience anything like it again."

"Y-you won't make me go to Thonburi?"

Mew shook his head. "Not if you don't want to go."

"B-but I'd like you to meet Grace and Mae."

"I will when we invite your family to the Palace."

"Are you still with that plan?" Gulf asked, somewhat skeptically.

Mew sighed, taking his hand. "We must go through the formalities, darling. You are an omega, it's natural that I should ask your father for your hand in marriage."

The moment the prince spoke those words, Gulf frowned and let go of Mew's hand.

"Why? It seems that everyone has already resolved our engagement and it was announced to The Nobleman."

The omega could feel his body slowly start to heat up, causing his head to ache and his mouth to start to feel parched.

"Well, this is more of a tradition..."

"And what's the point?!" the boy bellowed. "I don't think Phor would dare say no to the King himself, would he?"

"N-no, b-but..."

"But nothing! I don't want that man in the Palace! I never want to see him again in my life!"

Mew's eyes denoted bewilderment but Gulf cared little. The heat of his body was increasing, and the boy could not contain himself.