Chapter three

Mew

"Happy Birthday to me," he thought.

Genuinely speaking, saying that Mew was excited for the Nobleman's Annual Ball and his birthday was a lie. Those were three celebrations in one, and the boy could only feel suffocated under such pressure. His thoughts were running faster every minute, making him feel a sharp pain in his head.

There was no room for errors. He must impress the Nobleman group and heed the omegas who want to become his future wife.

"Another celebration without mom," he thought.

Almost ten years had passed since her mother's death, but the memory was still latent in her thoughts. And those were stronger thanks to the occasion. He knew his mom was part of the reason he said yes to this circus. And also why, almost out of inertia, his body moved to begin preparing.

His mind decided to give his dad what he wanted. And it all began with small actions: choosing his outfit, remembering the welcoming words he needed to say, and accepting, pleased, every gift and congratulation the assistants would bestow upon him.

That's why, when he heard the trumpet sound, he didn't hesitate to go and meet his dad. Even though the Noblemen weren't there yet, his father was already in the ball parlor. Servants run from left to right, carrying and leaving objects to decorate the place; food, drinks, and some more.

There wasn't a smell of pheromones, just his. He hadn't taken the inhibitor pill yet.

"Son, you look amazing," his father said when he arrived. Mew wore a jet-black suit with gold sparkles, and on each sleeve, he bore the Kingdom's crest: a big sun in the middle, two lions on the sides, and primitive Thai words meaning honor and class.

"Thanks, Dad," he replies, bowing to his king.

They did not hesitate to chat briefly about the presentation of the omegas, an issue that, of course, interested His Majesty as it was his future daughter-in-law.

"There are a lot of omegas, Phor. I don't know how you expect me to meet them all today. "

"You must do it, son. You'll have time alone with every single one of those omegas of each villa. We promise it to the whole kingdom and..."

"And we must keep it," Mew interrupted. He represses with all his being the urge to roll his eyes at his father. After all, he was the king.

Sighing, his father wrapped his arm around his shoulders, making the younger stoop a little to be at his father's height.

"Did nothing happen yesterday? Aren't there any that have caught your alpha's eye? "

"Dad, there wasn't anyone who...

But at that moment, Mew's nostrils were filled with the stalest and withered smell of all. It had the aroma of a rotten orange and dead jasmine.

"My omega."

His alpha voice welled up from his guts, and Mew's heart started a race.

"It's in danger."

Violently removing his father's arms from him, Mew allowed himself to be guided by his highly developed sense of smell and ran in the direction of it. Suddenly, the aroma began to become a more pleasant one.

It was the smell of an aroused omega. One who was about to go into heat. The most seductive he had ever smelled in his life.

Orange and jasmine began to spread all over the place, causing a grotesque roar to come out of Mew's throat.