Chapter nine

Gulf

I don't belong here.

That was the first thought that came to his head when he looked at the elegant hall filled with Noblemen and delicate-petite omegas. When he entered, everyone turned to see him, but that was not a surprise for the boy, since Gulf was holding Prince Mew Suppasit Jongcheveevat's forearm.

As they advanced, the murmurs grew considerably and the classical music playing in the background was heard more and more distant.

Once they reached the meeting with the King, Gulf bowed.

"Your Majesty."

The King nodded without taking his eyes off the minor. The omega had already seen that expression before on the Thai monarch's face when they met for the first time, -earlier-, for their formal introduction.

Actually, it was the same one that everyone had dedicated to him since he arrived in the capital. Disgust mixed with fear.

Everyone except Mew, he thought.

"Father," Mew murmured, bowing in the same way.

"Okay, let's not waste any more time. Let's go."

At a slow pace, the boys followed the elder heading to the highest point of that Wing. Walking up the stairs, Gulf felt his heart wanting to jump out of his chest, but his alpha's steady hand kept him calm.

What will happen? It was the question he asked himself because although he heard the conversation that the King and Mew had had earlier, he still felt lost.

You always are, he scolded himself.

As the King cleared his throat, a member of the guard spoke in a firm voice.

"Your attention please!" he exclaimed. "His Majesty King Bunkit Sangwit Jongcheevevat II of Thailand will address you, the honorable Noblemen, and other guests at the banquet. The Palace asks the audience to be completely silent to listen to our king"

In that instant, Mew's hand took him and intertwined it.

"Are you alright, darling?" the prince murmured. There he noticed how his body shook slightly, trembling as if he were in danger. "There is nothing to fear."

"Honorable Noblemen and guests," His Majesty began. The public, in complete silence, had its eyes on the monarch.

"I'm pleased to be here once again, like every year, celebrating one of the most important rituals of our Kingdom: the banquet for its Noblemen. As per tradition, the King must preside over said celebration in the Royal Palace and inaugurate it with the speech of the Chief of the tribe."

>>>This year is, without a doubt, a different occasion. On this special date, we have the presence of my son His Royal Highness Prince Suppasit Jongcheveevat. So I want to dedicate the speech to him. It's no secret to anyone why both the annual ball and this banquet are attended by commoners, so I'm going to go bluntly."

"My son has finally chosen his omega."

Not a single second passed when gasps, shrieks, and short sobs began to be heard throughout the auditorium. Gulf's breathing became heavy as Mew stroked the back of his hand again.

Is this...? Are they...?

Even his mind couldn't string together a coherent thought, but it didn't matter when the King pointed at his alpha and motioned for him to move closer to the visible part. If the public couldn't contain their reactions, murmurs grew and became more evident after watching the couple with two boys.