Chapter four

Mew

Mew woke up disoriented and breathing stiffly. Boom, next to him, frowned as the same guards who had arrested him earlier returned to guard him. "I remember that, but what was I doing?" The boy questioned himself.

"W-what happened?" He asked.

Boom relaxed the muscles in his face and giggled.

"Welcome back, Your Highness."

Mew rolled his eyes and sat up, stifling a low moan due to the pain coming from his right arm. "What the hell happened?" The boy thought.

With a nod, the guards left the royal chamber where the prince rested.

"Mew, you had a panic attack and we had to sedate you. You were going after a dirty omega who had forgotten to take her heat suppressants."

"Boom, that was my omega."

Thought, Mew didn't understand why the murmur sounded masculine. "It could be possible that...?"

The beta chuckled again.

"Don't be silly, Mew. She was an omega in heat, any alpha could believe she was his or her omega. You wanted to help."

Mew shook his head. "You don't understand. That scent, I-I..."

"Why can't you accept your best friend's version, Mew? After all, I was the sane one. I wasn't under the influence of some omega's pheromones."

The boy cocked his head. He didn't know why, but something inside him screamed that this wasn't the truth. But there was no time for retorts as the trumpets sounded again. It indicates that the boy should re-enlist as soon as possible.

The dance would start very soon.

"We'll talk later, Boom."

The evening was normal. The only thing that kept Mew restless was the pain in his right arm, because of the calming injection. "What a pain in the ass," he thought. But the boy still couldn't stop thinking about the events leading up to that puncture.

The way his alpha cried out, claiming his omega possessively, nearly driving himself insane at the thought of someone touching something that only belonged to him. Somebody who was his, since he was born, by the disposition of the Moon Goddess. My destiny...

"It wasn't my imagination," he said to himself. "That smell..."

And that was when he felt it. If it wasn't for the inhibitor that Boom made him drink before they reached the Main Wing, he was sure the entire great hall would smell of chocolate and mint.

It wasn't the usual fever he had when he was going to transform into Supsid, his wolf. Nor was it the usual heat of rut that was certainly not forthcoming.

It was something else.

His father at his side, noticed his frown and asked, "What's wrong, Mew?"

But the boy couldn't answer because the aroma, that he so longed to smell again, hit him violently. The orange and jasmine aroma shook him from the inside. And almost by inertia, the voice of his alpha was heard again:

"It's him."

"Him?" His father replied with the word confusion written on his forehead.

Mew didn't know what to answer. The scent was getting stronger, and his senses were cloudy.

At that moment, he noticed the delicious smell coming from a beautiful boy with cinnamon skin and brown eyes, wavy hair at the ends, and very tall. A group of alphas and his friend Beta surrounded him.