Chapter 23

Gulf

One week. The Noblemen had stipulated that arrival time in their notice to the Palace, which was coming to an end.

In those seven days, Gulf had to find a way to plan the two events, the engagement banquet, and the Royal Wedding, in record time. At the same time, he had to take etiquette classes with Beta Yaya about his obligations as the husband of the future King.

His head still echoed with the voices of the maidens who had accompanied him throughout the week:

"Does Your Excellency prefer pearl or ivory for the banquet tablecloths?"

"Your Excellency must choose which wine we will serve at the wedding!"

"Your Excellency must speak to the Royal Philharmonic! It is they who must play the music of the banquet, no vulgar arrangements of course."

"Does His Excellency approve the caviar for the banquet dinner?"

"Your Excell..."

Ugh.

It was there that a stabbing pain seized his head and a growl tore from his chest. That automatic response came from his wolf because at that moment he was in the middle of the agreed class with Mild to learn to control his power. However, he discounts this as having collateral damage:

"Shit!" Mild's scream made the boy change shape so quickly that he felt dizzy. "Shit, shit, it hurts so bad!"

"I'm sorry, Phi Mild!" The omega exclaimed, assisting his elder very quickly.

After several attempts to lift the older, Gulf sighed and fell to the ground next to his Phi, immediately burying his head between his knees. Thick tears began to flow from his eyes like a spring, while his body shook violently to the beat of them. It was as if something inside him had cracked. As if he could hardly get over such a fact.

Why did you give me a gift that I can't control, Moon Goddess? he wondered in his mind. Why did it have to be me and not someone else?

After several seconds, the boy felt a familiar weight on his back. Mild's hands were holding him up, caressing that portion of skin from top to bottom like a lullaby.

"Calm down, everything is fine. I'm fine, it was just a bit of pain," Mild whispered.

However, those words were of no consolation. Contrary to this, the tears kept cascading down, even as Mild's grip intensified.

"Gulf, you have to calm down," the older man mumbled. "We have to go. You have an appointment with Mrs. Yaya right now and you can't miss it."

A plaintive moan escaped his mouth as his body continued to shake with tears. No more...

"Besides, I don't want Suppasit to rip my head off so could you please get dressed quickly? Moon Goddess! That alpha will finish me off before the rooster crows..."

Something clicked in his head and a short giggle came out of his mouth.

"Don't be annoying," the omega rebuked. "Mew would never do that."

"Do you wanna bet?" Mild's voice sounded somewhere between amused and relieved.

"It's not necessary," Gulf replied, shaking his head. "Mew appreciates you too much. He wouldn't be able to hurt you."

He was sure of that. Although he had heard possessive comments from Mew, he knew that they were just jokes. His alpha was not of that kind.

At that moment, Mild turned the boy's body violently and faced him.